• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    MSP carries Beretta 96D now and they are transitioning to the Px4 Storm. The Baltimore Police carry some form of .40 Glock

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    DNR - M&P
    Charles Co - M&P
    DC Transit Authority - Sig mainly
    P229, possibly also P226 ( for several years all new ofc issued .40s & interested existed vetran ofc had opportunity to switch from their 9mm P226s & P228s . Not sure if remaining 9mm carriers ever switched involentarily. 9mm ammo remains in supply chain for MP5s anyway .)

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Frederick County Sheriff's Office carries Sig 226
    Frederick City Police carries Glock 17
    Thurmont PD carries Glock 22
    Montgomery County Police carries Glock 22
    Maryland State Police carries Berretta Px4

-Z

Thats all I got for now

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I've seen some Balto. County Officers in my ER where I work and they are carrying the Sig SP2022 .40 S&W

Took care of a Transit Cop the other day and he was carrying a Glock

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    MSP carries Beretta 96D now and they are transitioning to the Px4 Storm. The Baltimore Police carry some form of .40 Glock

I transferred a Glock 17 last year, I think in November. The Troopers at the Barracks were all rocking PX4 storm pistols in .40 S&W. The Trooper that came out to my car to get the pistol confessed to being "a Glock guy" and I asked him how much he liked the PX4. He said it was ok.

A few minutes later this "Glock guy" shouts at me from behind the glass, "hey, what caliber is this? 9 or 40?" :rolleyes:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I transferred a Glock 17 last year, I think in November. The Troopers at the Barracks were all rocking PX4 storm pistols in .40 S&W. The Trooper that came out to my car to get the pistol confessed to being "a Glock guy" and I asked him how much he liked the PX4. He said it was ok.

A few minutes later this "Glock guy" shouts at me from behind the glass, "hey, what caliber is this? 9 or 40?" :rolleyes:

lol!

FBI carries Glock 23 not sure about other federal agencies. I know I.C.E used to carry something chambered in .357 sig which was odd.

Whats with all these agencies carrying the Px4 Storm? I didn't realize these pistols were so popular...

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I've been told that Beretta gave the MSP the Px4 Storm for free in exchange for their old 96D's that everyone has seen on the shelves at local gun shops. I'm sure the one I have was probably a MSP pistol.

IMG_0100.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Up here, it seems every department caries something different, York, Springettsbury, PASP, etc, I have seen York police carry M&Ps and GLOCKs, and springettsbury carries GLOCKs and Sigs, I don't know if they get an option on what to carry, or if police can keep a certain weapon as newer officers transition to something else. It seemed like in MD, every officer in a department carried the same thing.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Baltimore County carry SIG 2340's

ICE carry 229's in 40, they were carrying 226's in 357 SIG but switched about a year ago.

Baltimore City carry G22's

USSS carry 229's in 357 SIG

DGS carry 96D's for now, either G22's or PX4's will be replacing them soon

Transit carry 2340's or Glocks, have seen both in holsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom