$125 Yugo Tokarevs. Grab em up! Go Go Go!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Somewhat off topic... is Tokarev ammo one of the ammos that the milsurp is way better than the modern stuff? I got a sealed milsurp can like thing and am wondering if I should open and shoot milsurp or just shoot the prvi ppu stuff I got along with it and hold on the milsurp stuff.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Milsurp is hot. More penetrating power than modern ammo

At least one range I go to won't let me shoot milsurp through my Vz. 52 or TT. They say it will damage the backstop. Commercial ammo is allowed and still generates big booms and fireballs that get attention. :D

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Took mine to the range today. Shot decent groups. Slide kept locking back like the mag was empty when it wasn't. Would say its the mag but both mags were doing it, so both have the same problem if so. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? Hoping a little bit of wear on the mags might resolve the issue.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Took mine to the range today. Shot decent groups. Slide kept locking back like the mag was empty when it wasn't. Would say its the mag but both mags were doing it, so both have the same problem if so. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? Hoping a little bit of wear on the mags might resolve the issue.

This kept happening when my dad shot my CZ until I noticed that his thumb was right at the slide lock. It never happened to me in hundreds of rounds so I had him move his thumb away from slide lock. Maybe the spring to the slide lock is worn and the slide lock is moving up and is engaging? Just a guess.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012

I have had this exact issue with a Romanian Tok that I bought 5 months ago. I replaced the recoil spring with a Wolfe spring and it still happens. I cannot figure it out.

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    Can I tell you how much I loved shooting the Tok today? I loved every single round through it -- no jams, nice groupings, felt recoil very low, simply beautiful. I brought 100 rounds of the 7.62 with me and went through all of them. (By comparison, I only made it through 50 rounds in the P64 on my last trip to the range.)

IMHO the C&R license is worth it just for a no-hassle purchase of these beautiful guns.

endsjustifymeans

Sep 21, 2011
    Overlea/Hamilton
    Loved shooting this all day today. It was a crowd favorite. 3/4 of the way through the secon box it started locking with the slide open while cycling. It would close and shoot normally if I gave it a tug. Thinking it needs a better lubing than I gave it? Was perfect up until that moment.
    Great gun for 99, even it it needs a bit of tuning.

Redcat

Curmudgeon
    Oct 4, 2008
    Severn, MD
    Here's mine - can you pick out which one was the hand select from Classic and which ones were the $99 specials?

Overall in great shape, had to replace a spring on one, and the hammer pack is loose and I think the safety lever shaft is out if tolerance in the other - it works fine with a swapped safety but doesn't reliably trip the hammer with the one that came in it . One bore has a tiny bit of pitting or heavy corrosion...

Ammo came today and if Congress doesn't put me back to work, we'll see how they shoot this week....

Attachments

• image-1503637963.jpg
      image-1503637963.jpg
      74.1 KB · Views: 167
    • image-2850703845.jpg
      image-2850703845.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 169

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Loved shooting this all day today. It was a crowd favorite. 3/4 of the way through the secon box it started locking with the slide open while cycling. It would close and shoot normally if I gave it a tug. Thinking it needs a better lubing than I gave it? Was perfect up until that moment.
    Great gun for 99, even it it needs a bit of tuning.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?182200-M57-Tokarev-FTF

Found this when researching my own slide locking issue. Someone else had it too. Thought I'd share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom