• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I know Toys R Us is going out of business, and pretty much gone in the US. But I also heard some reports that some of their locations will remain open.

Does anybody know if the Toys R Us in Columbia next to REI is closing or remaining open? If closing, did anybody see any good sales?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    They just announced it today. The reports said they were looking to sweeten a deal to sell Canadian store with 200 US stores. They didn't indicate which 200.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They deserve it. Their prices sucked compared to walmart and amazon and they never had any more than 1 register open. A couple times, I swung by on my lunch break to pickup something for my sons and they had no register open at all. I have no clue how they stayed in business this long with their terrible service and high prices. The only thing I really liked about it was being able to go and handle strollers/seats before buying them.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    My wife is a bit sad over this...we used to buy baby stuff there as they had good coupons and decent giveaways when you first have a kid. However, we only have bought diapers there over the past year or so, and only with coupons, because everything else is cheaper at Target/Walmart/Wegmans/Amazon.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    They deserve it. Their prices sucked compared to walmart and amazon and they never had any more than 1 register open. A couple times, I swung by on my lunch break to pickup something for my sons and they had no register open at all. I have no clue how they stayed in business this long with their terrible service and high prices. The only thing I really liked about it was being able to go and handle strollers/seats before buying them.

There was an article on CNN today about how the CEO admitted the downfall was self inflicted. They were in debt in the billions. They let the stores go to pay down that debt, never had enough help, etc.....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I had heard earlier today that all US based stores were to close. The deal allowed some or all of their Canadian stores to be bought by another company.

Fox and Friends at 6am.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    There were rare occasions when we bought toys there for our grandkids. Their prices were high, so they were the last ones to sell out of popular items.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    don't know, don't care...

hard core Antis

I don't know that they're hardcore antis, but they seem to hate beretta for some reason.....they probably just don't like the slide mounted safety. If you're carrying and need to run by toysrus, just be sure to carry a glock or s&w or something.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 14.20.59.jpg

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Their prices were higher on certain things. The Disney Cars toys (like hot wheels cars) were 4 something, compare to walmart at 3 something. But at amazon, they are all like 5 dollars and up. Seems like 3rd party sellers, are going to walmart or target and picking up sometimes rare characters, you might find at the store on a random day, and buying them and selling them on amazon. There wasa report that overall walmart was cheaper than amazon on items and amazon was cheaper on food items, but 15-20 %.

Wouldn't mind taking the kids to the toy store for the last time, but Ipads, computers, and phones, already "brainwashed" my younger two to go on amazon, walmart, or google and search of toys and find exactly what they are looking for, on the couch. Since they can shop and buy toys while watching tv and feeding their fat faces, why go out and shop for stuff that they might or might not have. I guess it is true, the app generation has arrived and will change how business will be conducted for the future.

I doubt that most of the popular stuff is going to be on sale. video games, lego, trademark toys like transformer, star wars, bikes, skates, or other good things. I would like to get a remote control car for myself, if they are having a sale. I saw one for about 70 dollars. It reminded of tyco turbo hopper rc cars when I was a kid. I wanted one as a kid but parents told me it was too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom