BUT WHEELWEIGHTS ARE A WASTE OF TIME.. WAAAHHH!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Hey, DCR, when are you gonna throw in the towel and stop wasting your time on those things? Come on, admit it. They are totally worthless for gawds sake. :sad20: Geez, if you'd just give it up think about how much time you'd save - not to mention the cost of lube, primers and powder you'd save. Dayum, man...I guess you'll just never learn...

Besides, you don't even know the percentage of alloy in that crap. Keep in mind, if you don't blend in melted goat hairs mixed with rust from an old Jeep bumper flavored with cocoa mix (at least 3% of each), any CB's you shoot will cost you even more in supplies to repaint your spinner!

Seems like we just can't talk you off the ledge...

:innocent0

I think you are wasting your time. I don't think he even understands peas and onions.:D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    SPEAKING OF POTATO...!

While I was wasting my time attempting to bring some sense to DCR, one of the darn beagles snitched two raw potatoes out of the bag in the pantry and began to chew them. No doubt DCR will want the taters to add to his wheel weights since they have exactly 3% of both beagle tooth marks and spit on them.
    :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    While I was wasting my time attempting to bring some sense to DCR, one of the darn beagles snitched two raw potatoes out of the bag in the pantry and began to chew them. No doubt DCR will want the taters to add to his wheel weights since they have exactly 3% of both beagle tooth marks and spit on them.

Beagles are funny...I posted this in a different thread but, a friend has a beagle that followed me to my hunting spot/property about a half mile away...so rather than let the dog run around my property scaring the deer off I wondered if he (beagle) would ride on it...so I said get up and to my surprise he jumped right on like it was no big deal...I held on to him so he wouldn't fall off and I drove the half mile to his house and the beagle jumped off like he had the best day in his life:lol2:I was laughing the whole time...

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

But what percentage of beagle hair do they have on them?

Let me know, I'll help you move furniture anytime. :party29:

I appreciate the offer Jim. Thanks

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    started separating 5 gallon bucket of ww so far 1/2 are zn or fe. But half are still pb. hope to make ingots sunday

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I generally get about 70% (give or take) of gross weight in pure lead from wheel weights. It is so neat to watch the steel clips float on the molten lead!

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I have an auto shop in the Kingsville Md area. Any MDS member wanting weights, I will gladly hook you up gratis. I store my weights in 5 gallon buckets. Right now I believe it's only about half full. You can pm me here or call the shop @ 410-592-8243. Anyone in Carroll County wanting them can meet me in Hampstead near my home to get.

Gary

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I would be very interested in this. I have been trying for a while to find a local place to get lead and keep striking out.

Even if not right now maybe the next bucket you make I'd be very greatful!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Been turning those ingots into 200 grain SWC (H&G 68 style) for 45 Auto, the last few weeks. These feed really well in 1911's, that normally are supposed to feed hardball/roundnose. They shoot pretty good in my 1911 too.

Ive already casted 1000's of them to add to the surplus. You can never have too many bullets. :D

Attachments

• HG68.jpg
      HG68.jpg
      141 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads