• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I agree. I have a 226 DA/SA because I wanted it to be more than just a range gun. And I just love the wickedly short reset!

If I were to use the P226 for a carry piece, I would also go with the DA/SA trigger. But the 226 is just too large for me to carry so mine is strictly a range gun. I also have the P229 Legion on order, and it is a little better suited for carrying and it only comes in DA/SA.

Oh, and you are so right regarding the wickedness of the reset on the Legion...it is actually sinful!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    So I have an MK25 with an SRT trigger. Gun is flipping awesome! :party29: As such, I'm looking at purchasing either a 226 TACOPS (TB) or one of these Legions. Anyone have experience with both the TACOPS and the Legion?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Fondled a DA/SA Legion at the Green Tops today. Love the front sight and grips. Trigger is spectacular, but had trouble noticing significant improvements over the SRT in my MK25 - would have to compare them back to back. Decisions, decisions.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Well, due to this thread, I ended up bringing one of these bad boys home. Funny thing is, I wasn't looking for one or really even interested after reading mixed reviews of finish wear and the rail not being 1913 spec. I actually went to make an offer on a consignment AAC 300blk upper.

Anyway, agree with others about the rail. I don't think this one is getting a light though. And the safety is a little wide but I have yet to determine if this will be a problem for me. The SAO trigger is fantastic. Nice pull and very short reset. The grip is much nicer than an older 226 I used to have years ago as well as my pre E2 229 I still have.

Overall, the worst part about this pistol is that I don't have any ammo for it as I haven't had any 9mm pistols for a decade or longer. It almost seems too nice to shoot but I couldn't let that happen. Time to shop for some ammo and see if this lives up to the hype (I'm sure it will).

Damn this hobby!

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
      IMG_1692.jpg
      99.3 KB · Views: 202

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Well, due to this thread, I ended up bringing one of these bad boys home. Funny thing is, I wasn't looking for one or really even interested after reading mixed reviews of finish wear and the rail not being 1913 spec. I actually went to make an offer on a consignment AAC 300blk upper.

Anyway, agree with others about the rail. I don't think this one is getting a light though. And the safety is a little wide but I have yet to determine if this will be a problem for me. The SAO trigger is fantastic. Nice pull and very short reset. The grip is much nicer than an older 226 I used to have years ago as well as my pre E2 229 I still have.

Overall, the worst part about this pistol is that I don't have any ammo for it as I haven't had any 9mm pistols for a decade or longer. It almost seems too nice to shoot but I couldn't let that happen. Time to shop for some ammo and see if this lives up to the hype (I'm sure it will).

Damn this hobby!

Nice pickup

My LGS had a 226 SAO and a 229 in stock today. Trying to decide what to sell to acquire them. Already sold my G21. Have a couple of AR's and one or two pistols to sell still.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Hey guy, congrats on the new gun! Tried to send you a PM (but it says you don't receive them), so in brief, it may be a good idea to obscure part of your pic better. Hope you see this.

I think I know what you're referring to. Noted.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Good, wouldn't want someone to get your swag. Assume you've registered then.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes Sir! Just before closing time. Kind of challenging living in mountain time sometimes.

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    ...And the safety is a little wide but I have yet to determine if this will be a problem for me. The SAO trigger is fantastic. Nice pull and very short reset. The grip is much nicer than an older 226 I used to have years ago as well as my pre E2 229 I still have...Damn this hobby!

Congrats! I've had mine on order since late December, can't wait pickup day!

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Congrats! I've had mine on order since late December, can't wait pickup day!

The waiting is the hardest part. I just saw this on the shelf and brought it home. So it was a little easier for me. I hate the anticipation. But I think it will be worth it when you finally take it home.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Okay, so what magazines do you Legion owners recommend? It comes with US made magazines. I was used to MecGar mags made in Italy. So these are new to me. There is a considerable price difference between the Sig US made and MecGar Italian. I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash on the US mags if they're worth it. But are they?

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    The waiting is the hardest part. I just saw this on the shelf and brought it home. So it was a little easier for me. I hate the anticipation. But I think it will be worth it when you finally take it home.

I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, had to special order! Great price though!! Thanks JLowe!!!

Okay, so what magazines do you Legion owners recommend? It comes with US made magazines. I was used to MecGar mags made in Italy. So these are new to me. There is a considerable price difference between the Sig US made and MecGar Italian. I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash on the US mags if they're worth it. But are they?

I picked up 4 MecGar 15rnd mags at the Gun Show...very nice!

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I picked up 4 MecGar 18rnd mags at the Gun Show...very nice![/QUOTE]

No offense but this made me laugh. I really shouldn't though. You have mags for a pistol that hasn't shown up yet and I bought a pistol I don't have ammo for.

Your choice in mags seems to be what everyone else is using. The US made mags seem to get mixed reviews. But they're $40+ when I can order 15rnd MecGars for $20. Even the Legion website is selling them for $44. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom