ATF to Issue New Ruling on Monday regarding New Restrictions on Shotgun Importation

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Interesting development...
    Should all of this go down - does anyone know if a Saiga is stamped as an SBS, will we need another stamp for DD?

Banned Importation almost assured. Get one now IMHO if you want one.

There is a possible reclassification to Destructive Device like the Street Sweepers. BATFE will forgo the $200 manufacturing for the D.D., but it will have to have a Tax Stamp if they get their way.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Interesting development...
    Should all of this go down - does anyone know if a Saiga is stamped as an SBS, will we need another stamp for DD?

Now thats a head scratcher there. Im betting it will need another stamp, but Im no expert in that area.

Good news is your sitting on a S12 gold mine. :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wow...I knew this was coming I'm so glad I got one :)
    What's going to happen to those of us who have them?

If importation is baned, nothing, just enjoy a doubling in value. Sad news is a retarded gunsmith converted yours so its worth 1/8th of its value. Ill buy it back for $300

If declared a DD it will ban importation AND it will require a D.D. Tax Stamp, Engraving, ect.....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I like you and hate you all at the same time.

I truly hope it doesn't go down like we're fearing, but if it does....I guess those Tromix shotguns I purchased might not be as "way overpriced" as everyone kept insisting afterall :innocent0 :D

....and we thought Tony's waitlist was bad before ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I truly hope it doesn't go down like we're fearing, but if it does....I guess those Tromix shotguns I purchased might not be as "way overpriced" as everyone kept insisting afterall :innocent0 :D

....and we thought Tony's waitlist was bad before ;)

They will be very desireable.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    If importation is baned, nothing, just enjoy a doubling in value. Sad news is a retarded gunsmith converted yours so its worth 1/8th of its value. Ill buy it back for $300

If declared a DD it will ban importation AND it will require a D.D. Tax Stamp, Engraving, ect.....

Dammit...I knew I got the wrong kind of job from you :(

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    What if your sport is blasting zombies,,, that would REQUIRE a full auto, with a MONSTER mag,,, I'm talking say 100 rounds,, MINIMUM.
    I like their new law.

Tom

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Will it affect the guns already out there? Will people have to get a stamp for the gun they already own?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    :sad20: The 2nd amendment is not about 'sporting purposes'.:(:(

Exactly! If I have to defend my life/family/country I don't want it to be a "sporting event" - infering that both sides are evenly matched.

I want to have the odds overly stacked in my favor with overwhelming firepower.:gun7::gun3::gun2::gun1:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Will it affect the guns already out there? Will people have to get a stamp for the gun they already own?

Only time will tell. I predict they will declare the 20 rd mags the "DD" since they are detachable unlike the fixed mag on the Streesweeper. The 20 rd mag was the main reason the SS was "bad"...and the name.:o

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    3 gun is a recognized sport and it is just as effective as any other smooth bore slug gun for hunting and any cylinder bore for clays,3gun,steel plates or hunting. We need a new clays sport where they throw the birds continously necessitating the high cap mags. If we can demonstrate that it is useful at all for any sport then it would meet the definition of sporting.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    So, in relation to my above post: if I were to run out, buy a Saiga-12 along with a 20-round drum and a conversion kit this weekend, what's the worst that would happen to me aside from potentially being out the money? Is it possible/likely that I'd be stuck needing to file for a DD stamp in order to actually assemble it or do you think ATF would allow some sort of grace period?

Or am I reading this entirely wrong?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Why are we alll speculating it will be the Saiga? I have not seen anything factual on this. And besides, even if they do we have a pro-gun congress and momentum nationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom