Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    He obviously knows something you don't!

jerkit.gif

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I think most who purchased probably had some extra cash laying around or people who know the Krop family. I personally know the Krops to be conservative in business practices. With that in mind and for the sake of getting an indoor range in place, I purchased a life time membership.
    It would be devastating for them to raise money in this manner and not open the business as they plan as it will tarnish their name in local business ventures.

Good luck to you guys and bring it here soon.

TMGN Frederick Indoor Range Update

Hello MD shooters.

We wanted to post here and give people an update since we know not all of you are on Facebook. Here is what we posted today. It gives you guys an idea of where we are at with the build...

"We have had a lot of questions about the build and where we are at. We answered a while back that we were working with the county on getting site plan approval which was the one piece that needed to begin before construction. We met a couple months back and started this process. But because of the nature of what we are building, the country has decided that they want a review process further than just the submission of the site plan. They are requesting a public hearing venue so that if there are any opposing opinions, they can be voiced. Unfortunately what this means is that they are putting the brakes on the construction portion of this project. Obviously this is not what any of us want or want to hear. We are told to expect a public venue by November and if all goes smoothly have our approvals by mid to end of December. The company working on the range build out is on standby and are ready as soon as we get the green light from the county.

As soon as we can proceed further we are going to, but as it stands we are at the mercy of the county red tape. We understand that everyone at the County just wants to cover their bases which we can understand. We’re not excited about the delay at all but these things happen. What’s good is that they are working with us to help the process go as smooth as possible and either way we ARE building this gun range. To answer the question about will we be open this fall, no we do not see that happening at this point. As far as when we will open, we will have a timeline for construction as soon as the site plan approval comes back. We will keep everyone posted on the county activity here and on our email list as things progress."

If you have any questions, we are out and about often with our Machine Gun Nest shirts on and we will be at the Silverado Gun Show in Frederick next month. I believe those dates are Nov. 8-9. Feel free to stop by with any feedback or questions.

- TMGN Crew

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I don't live anywhere near there but I would post the Public Hearing info here so you can get local interested parties from the forum to attend and voice their support/concerns.

Hey MD Shooters,

We just wanted to make a post about our upcoming Public Hearing with Frederick County.

We are now on the schedule for the last slot on December 11th at Winchester Hall (12 E Church St, Frederick, MD). The hearing starts at 9:30am, but being that we are #11 on the agenda, we figure that it will be after 1pm before our turn.

If you can't make it, it will be televised here: http://frederickcountymd.gov/index.aspx?NID=1225

We will continue to update as things progress, although the majority of our updates are on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/tmgnmd)

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Opening date?? Do we get mailed a membership card after we have paid the fee? How will that work…….

If you purchased a membership through the short Funding period you would have received an email which included a printout to bring with you on your first visit once they open. At that point I think they give you a membership card. Not positive though, since they have yet to open. I printed mine out and it is sitting in my range bag ready to go.

I just checked my email, it was sent out on October 13th.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    If you purchased a membership through the short Funding period you would have received an email which included a printout to bring with you on your first visit once they open. At that point I think they give you a membership card. Not positive though, since they have yet to open. I printed mine out and it is sitting in my range bag ready to go.

I just checked my email, it was sent out on October 13th.

No email from them, just a receipt of payment from Paypal……...

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I found out about the approval last night. My wife's friend who works at Fred Co planning told me. He was aware but not working on it. He also had heard something about another range but didn't have details.

Using Tapatalk on a Samsung Phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom