• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Does the guy actually want a new shotgun? If so, any idea what he wants? If he wants something nicer, maybe take up a collection from others that might be interested and get it from a bunch of you guys. Get him something that will last him a lifetime and something that he will want to use for a lifetime. I am on year 16 using my Benelli SBE and I doubt I will ever replace it. Granted, back in 1997 it was a lot more than your current budget and even more so nowadays.

As far as the straw purchase is concerned, nothing to worry about there if the purchase is meant as a gift AND you have no knowledge that he is prohibited.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    You could give it to him the same way my father in law gave me a shotgun on my wedding day. In the middle of the back until the end of the ceremony.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I gave my buddy a Mav 88 for his wedding gift. What I actually handed him was a gift card to the FFL where the transfer was to be completed (I ordered it from Bud's, online) with enough to cover the cost of the transfer and some ammo/accessories. It worked out very well.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I gave my buddy a Mav 88 for his wedding gift. What I actually handed him was a gift card to the FFL where the transfer was to be completed (I ordered it from Bud's, online) with enough to cover the cost of the transfer and some ammo/accessories. It worked out very well.

Luv guns, and glad your bud got a nice gift, but what did the bride get? :sad2 Did she get a duplicate gun? Maybe a toaster! :sad20: I am not busting your chops so much as commenting on the OP's inquiry. Wedding gifts are joint! And unless the bride had a .38 strapped to her garter, I doubt she appreciated her half of the MAV88! Just say'in . . .

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    wish I would have gotten a shotgun for my wedding. the only thing that had to do with guns in mine is when my best man mentioned that I had more firearms than a west Virginia drug lord.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    My GF bought me a gun for my bday last year.... And this year too probably. Nothing wrong with gifting guns :)

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Luv guns, and glad your bud got a nice gift, but what did the bride get? :sad2 Did she get a duplicate gun? Maybe a toaster! :sad20: I am not busting your chops so much as commenting on the OP's inquiry. Wedding gifts are joint! And unless the bride had a .38 strapped to her garter, I doubt she appreciated her half of the MAV88! Just say'in . . .

She gets the protection that a 12ga offers. My buddy was new to firearms at the time ( he had a .22 handgun) and I thought they should have a decent HD gun. Seems fair to me.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    This would lend an entirely new meaning to the phrase "Shotgun wedding...."

Seriously, the Mossberg Mavericks might be a good pick. Definitely in the price range.

Well then I guess we had a shotgun wedding too. Shortly before we were married, my wife and I got each other wedding presents. I asked for a Browning Auto 5 in 12 GA and we drove to Clyde's and bought it.

And yes, there were lots of jokes about ours being a shotgun wedding!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

hey, she got the bridal shower! there isnt a goom shower so i think its only fair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom