• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    grrr....i need to put mine back together (it has not been fired yet) once we thread the barrel (waiting til a laundry list of other machining projects are done first) and i have the new internals in (some are on order). The gun will be mostly volquartsen inside, a delrin recoil buffer rod (to improve the overall action suppression) and various other tricks here and there. it will complete my ruger .22 collection (coupled to the threaded bull barrel stainless Mark II and the VERY unique 77/22s Richard and I are building based around some very special barrels and the Aguila SSS round). I got obsessed with stabilizing the Aguila bullets in a suppressed weapon about a year ago. I'm finally getting around to actually doing the project. four of these barrels are on order to be made and I will be one happy little camper when i can hear nothing but the firing pin hitting the rim and the SLAP of the 60 grain projectile slamming into the noggin of some unsuspecting groundhog.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    My 10/22 paired with a matching MKII both sporting Hogue grips and Tac sol barrels and both threaded and fluted, both waiting for scopes as well,the pistol will get one next paycheck the rifles is beeing loaned out for hunting season

Attachments

• Ruger twins.jpg
      Ruger twins.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 1,609

waterfordfire

Dec 4, 2008
    This is probably a stupid question but I'm new to the gun scene, I just bought a ruger 10/22 with a nice walnut stock, to get a supressed barrel I see you have to have it shipped to a Class III dealer, do you have to have a Class III licence to purchase it?

Kevin

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    This is probably a stupid question but I'm new to the gun scene, I just bought a ruger 10/22 with a nice walnut stock, to get a supressed barrel I see you have to have it shipped to a Class III dealer, do you have to have a Class III licence to purchase it?

Kevin

Yes it has to be transfered through a SOT (Classs III Dealer). But anyone in Maryland who can legally buy a firearm, can legally buy a suppressor, machine gun, short barreld rifle or short barreled shotgun.

You have to pay the Feds a $200 fee (for a tax stamp) and then wait 3-4 months for the approval, but after that you are good to go.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    this thread beeing dead drives me crazy

heres my almost finished 10/22 just to keep this thread alive

looks crazy but not alot of stuff at all on it:
    Hogue overmold stock
    Fluted threaded Tac sol barrel
    Rock mount Pivot bipod
    Leupold base and rings
    Simmons 3-10x44 44 MAG WA scope
    Butler creek Magazine
    Butler creek flip open lense protectors
    not sure what make the sling is but its a decent plain black sling with a pull strap adjustment

scope has worked find but im thinking of changing to something with adjustable parralax or just set at 50 yrds rather than 100, might try my Nikon Buckmasters scope from my R700 on it just to use the parralax set at 50 yards to see how it works, if anyone has an opinion on that particular aspect please post as im not sure how its gonna go

Attachments

• DSCN0211.jpg
      DSCN0211.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 1,407

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Here are my Ruger 10/22's.

I've updated the Tapco, I haven't taken a pic yet. The other is a RamLine Folder and RamLine Barrel with custom rail and front griop.

I'm working on my 3rd 10/22 build, I only have a stock.

EvilBlkRuger018X.jpg

Attachments

• Evil Blk Ruger 006X.JPG
      Evil Blk Ruger 006X.JPG
      76.3 KB · Views: 1,409
    • Evil Blk Ruger 010X.JPG
      Evil Blk Ruger 010X.JPG
      65.4 KB · Views: 1,353
    • Evil Blk Ruger 016X.JPG
      Evil Blk Ruger 016X.JPG
      98.6 KB · Views: 1,394
    Last edited:

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Thats a nice set,have you ever considered swapping that magnified scope to the other one so you have quick sights on both rifles rather than having one rifle with magnified scope only?
    I think bipid + scope would be a better pair too and quicksights and iron sights would go better with the non folding gangster grip,also if you spin that front sight around backwards youll have a slightly wider sight radius

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Hey Guys....THANKS!!! I put some time into both the Tapco and RamLine so I'm happy with the outcome.

I did some modification to the Tapco this weekend. I bought a riser mount at the gun show this weekend and using that instead of the carry mount. I took the pics today.

rrrrrrrrrrrkevin...the scope are purely for looks right now. the scope on the Tapco is really crappy and the Ramline has no batteries which eventually go on an AR15 (we know the story about them). Spare parts that I had. Also the front sight backwards looked better than the traditional way so I kept it. Thanks for the recommendation. I think they would functionally look better if hte scopes functioned.:innocent0 I'm not worried too much, I'm still new to optics and prefer the IS

Last edited:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    So, how much would it cost to outfit a 10/22 like that, provided you had to build it from scratch.

When i did the math minus the shipping and Butler Creek 30rd mag, it was almost $500. Alot of the parts were spare parts I had for my AR build and just sitting in a box so I decided to use them. The mags were like $35/ea and got 2. I got the 10/22 @ Dicks, the bipod from Walmart and hte Tapco from Sportsman's Guide. I wanted a GSG but didn't want to spend the $$, I ended up spending the same but more accessories (ie quad rail, sights etc)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    That's the exact reason I'm asking! I want a GSG but can't find it anywhere, at least not for a decent price...

Dan @ GB had 6 of them over the weekend. I didn't want to spend that kind of $$ for it. it was a base model starting @ $500. Now they are up to $550+ and I thought I could do something with it. These are my 1st 10/22 and I'm happy. I'd rather spend the $500 on an AR15. THe Ramline stock, Barrel and scope I got in a trade so all together I spend under $200 (minus the scope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom