Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    it was just too big to fit in there.

ifSnnEBwm5GYE.gif

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Decided to hold off on a backup pistol and continue on the Mk12 Mod1 Lone Survivor build. It is said that Luttrell and Axleson both had fixed stocks and the actor needed the LMT collapsible. Im going with the LMT collapsible because of my short arms. Itll make it more comfortable to shoot. Debating on a paint job, as i already have one painted AR. Got this guy today. S&W complete lower and a gen 2 pmag 30.

For some parts im not going 100% correct. Upper, lower, etc. however I will be doing the correct barrel, brake, backup sights, BCG etc.

hurygazy.jpg

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    any forged upper or lower is fine. I've been playing around with prices for various parts, and have decided I'm probably gonna go PRI for a Mod 0 upper (which I may actually do as a Mod H instead), and HCS for a mod 1. I've been seeing more and more photos of them without BUIS on them, so that helps, given the ridiculous price of the correct KAC sights.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    any forged upper or lower is fine. I've been playing around with prices for various parts, and have decided I'm probably gonna go PRI for a Mod 0 upper (which I may actually do as a Mod H instead), and HCS for a mod 1. I've been seeing more and more photos of them without BUIS on them, so that helps, given the ridiculous price of the correct KAC sights.

Sounds like an awesome build. I already have the backup KAC site, so I just need the front. Im debating just buying the HCS upper. I emailed them today about some parts.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    they're pretty much KAC's biggest single customer. I believe if you take whatever someone like Operation Parts gets in stock at a given time, and add a zero at the end, that's typically what HCS gets. not always, but a good ballpark.

i'm probably gonna go a little nuts starting in mid-june, provided allah smiles upon me between now and then.

I'm just glad that Leupold offers .mil discounts. The TS-30A2 is very attractively priced. :D

Prolly throw that on the mod 0/H (whichever I end up doing) and a 3.5-10 on the mod 1.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    they're pretty much KAC's biggest single customer. I believe if you take whatever someone like Operation Parts gets in stock at a given time, and add a zero at the end, that's typically what HCS gets. not always, but a good ballpark.

i'm probably gonna go a little nuts starting in mid-june, provided allah smiles upon me between now and then.

I'm just glad that Leupold offers .mil discounts. The TS-30A2 is very attractively priced. :D

Prolly throw that on the mod 0/H (whichever I end up doing) and a 3.5-10 on the mod 1.

More fun than a barrel of hajis

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    nothing fancy. My first AR. Built the lower out of PSA lower parts kit, bought the upper assy. Works great. I'm proud of it. Now I just need to learn how to shoot it better.

Attachments

• 20140418_161609.jpg
      20140418_161609.jpg
      111.7 KB · Views: 401
    • AR1.jpg
      AR1.jpg
      114.7 KB · Views: 407

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Almost done. Just need to get the stock.

Spikes lower (purchased before Oct 1) with an ALG trigger.

Spikes LE MOE upper (switched out the black for FDE) with a inexpensive reflex sight, picked up from a fellow MDS'er last week.

Buffer kit is a Spikes kit with H2 buffer

2014-05-08%2023.36.54.png
    [/URL]

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Estes paint in the pictograms may be a weekend project. Thanks for the reminder with all your kick-ass photos , guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom