• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I found a gun I want from an in-state seller at a pretty good price. The seller is fairly cryptic in his responses. Has anyone had bad experiences with ARMSLIST and/or in state private sellers?

Its a non regulated 22LR. So I believe only a FTF with and exchange of $ and a bill of sale is required.

Is this correct?

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    Can't go wrong with a FTF. Anything else be extremely cautious. I have sold guns there but never bought any.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I have bought and sold on Armslist. It is just like Craigslist and the same precautions apply.

Make sure the gun is what you want to buy. Meet in a public place. Pay with a money order if possible.

No bill of sale is required for an unregulated gun, just make sure you see their Maryland drivers license to ensure they are actually a resident.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    There's another thread on that gun right now. Save some $ and get a 15-22. You can thank me later :)

Feb 28, 2013
    Price one of those in a store. If his isn't NIB, then offer him half what you saw in the store.

If that doesn't work out, save the bucks for the S&W. You'd be better off anyway.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I've bought a few things on armslist-no guns but plenty of ammo and accessories and parts. Never had a problem at all.

Safeboat079

Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Bought, sold, traded many times on that site, never had an issue. Just like some others had mentioned about the scams, they are pretty easy to spot, they won't meet ftf.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I'll let ya know if the guy calls me tomorrow and gives me the info I need to send money. Something I want is in Michigan. It's not a lot of money mind you, but 200.00. So a loss would suck. I talked to him today but he was in a bad spot. Said he would call me tomorrow when he is off the mountain.

dragonfire1911

There are a few scams on Armslist. But you just need to use some common sense. The old saying applies, if the price seems to good to be true, it is. I bought a M1A from Armslist but I ask the seller for his address and contact info and had him scanned his driver's license to me. Make sure the driver's license and address match.

Feb 28, 2013
    There are a few scams on Armslist. But you just need to use some common sense. The old saying applies, if the price seems to good to be true, it is. I bought a M1A from Armslist but I ask the seller for his address and contact info and had him scanned his driver's license to me. Make sure the driver's license and address match.

Surprised the guy was willing to do all that. Or even knew how for that matter.

BTW, where's there a "conservative enclave in Montgomery county"?

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Anybody ever sold to an out of state buyer on Armslist? I have an out of state buyer who wants to buy one of my rifles. I would obviously be shipping to his FFL.

How should I handle payment? Have him send me the money order he is paying with and once I have the money, then ship the gun?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anybody ever sold to an out of state buyer on Armslist? I have an out of state buyer who wants to buy one of my rifles. I would obviously be shipping to his FFL.

How should I handle payment? Have him send me the money order he is paying with and once I have the money, then ship the gun?

I'd avoid out of state

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom