• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    The phase 5 one is definitely a little prettier, but the magpul one works fine i think. I'm glad I don't have to lose my sight picture or take my hand off the grip to lock the bolt back.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Had anyone had any issues with the boot not locking to the rear after the last round with the Magpul version? I've read a few reports that it was an issue for some people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i picked up a Head Down Products lower the other day and it won't accept the B.A.D. lever:mad54: there is a aluminum ridge in the way and the lever will not work..... well not without some dremmel work or something like that. i wonder if the troy or phase 5 will work.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's weird, the HDP lowers are supposed to be specially designed to work with them.

I've literally never run an AR-15 without a BAD; I don't think I've ever used the bolt catch with my left hand before.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    i picked up a Head Down Products lower the other day and it won't accept the B.A.D. lever:mad54: there is a aluminum ridge in the way and the lever will not work..... well not without some dremmel work or something like that. i wonder if the troy or phase 5 will work.

The phase 5 worked on my BRO lower I will look when I get home to see if the my Headown and BRO are similar.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That's weird, the HDP lowers are supposed to be specially designed to work with them.

I've literally never run an AR-15 without a BAD; I don't think I've ever used the bolt catch with my left hand before.

I have a feeling the 2 piece construction adds too much material for the Billet lower, I have a feeling the phase 5 may work though.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    jrumann59 said:
    I have a feeling the 2 piece construction adds too much material for the Billet lower, I have a feeling the phase 5 may work though.

Just looked at my BRO with my HDP next to it, I will make this claim, I do not think their is BAD lever/EBR setup that will work with the HDP lower. And yet another strike against this lower. It may be good as a paper wait if it's all said and done.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I just got my first AR style rifle (S&W M&P 15-22). the bolt release operation does not feel natural. This may solve my problem.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    WARPIG [USMC];1637616 said:
    Had anyone had any issues with the boot not locking to the rear after the last round with the Magpul version? I've read a few reports that it was an issue for some people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Never had a problem.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    There are some variables that causes BAD levers not to work. Some have to do with Billet Type Lowers with added material on the outside. Others dont work because the BHO Spring is to light ot too heavy, some the BHO Plungers have a Limiter Tab thats to long and wont allow enough upper movement travel, some Lowers the hole drilled for the BHO Plunger or the Slot Milled for the BHO is to shallow and the Hole must be driled deeper or the BHO has to be cut on the backside to allow proper travel.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Some have to do with Billet Type Lowers with added material on the outside.

This is the case with the Head Down Lowers. I do not see any EBRs on the market that will fit. It would have to a custom piece that goes up and over the ridge here. Or one would have to cut a slot int he ridge to get any current EBRs to work.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I drank the kool-aid and picked up a couple of Magpul BAD levers for my two AR's. I haven't taken them to the range yet, but my initial impressions are good! Being left handed, I really didn't think it would be a huge help for me. But now that I've played with it, (heh heh) it might be a bigger help than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom