• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    that was a separate bill ... stay tuned, probably will make a cameo appearance in the near future as an amendment to another bill to be snuck in under the radar

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The status page still shows HB1277 as this:
    "House: Hearing Ways and Means – 3/8"

Been keeping an eye on this one too... It doesn't appear to have made crossover, but since it is still open, those sneaky b$$&#&!s could pull a fast one.

We need to continue to sleep with one eye open until sine die. Anything can happen and I bet they think we aren't watching anymore.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    The status page still shows HB1277 as this:
    "House: Hearing Ways and Means – 3/8"

Been keeping an eye on this one too... It doesn't appear to have made crossover, but since it is still open, those sneaky b$$&#&!s could pull a fast one.

We need to continue to sleep with one eye open until sine die. Anything can happen and I bet they think we aren't watching anymore.

Anyone hear any updates?

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Watch MD purchses on gunbroker go through the roof when this happens. Granted, you should be buying literally everything you can online anyway to avoid taxes at this point.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Which will likely result in MD charging you with tax evasion if they find out.

WTF? How? Its not purchased In-State. If I buy a 40" TV from crutchfield over in VA, MD is not getting any sales tax from it.

Edit: and forget gunbroker, gunbot.net FTW.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Watch MD purchses on gunbroker go through the roof when this happens. Granted, you should be buying literally everything you can online anyway to avoid taxes at this point.

Maryland law requires buyers of products online or in other states to pay a use tax to Maryland if you're bringing those products in to Maryland for use. Unless you payed taxes in the other state equal or greater than the sales tax in Maryland, you owe!!!

Look up Maryland Sales and Use tax.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    WTF? How? Its not purchased In-State. If I buy a 40" TV from crutchfield over in VA, MD is not getting any sales tax from it.

If you go to VA and pay VA sales tax then, no, MD doesn't get any tax.

If you buy online and have it shipped to MD, then you have to pay MD taxes on it w/ your MD state income taxes. You do that now right?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    If you go to VA and pay VA sales tax then, no, MD doesn't get any tax.

If you buy online and have it shipped to MD, then you have to pay MD taxes on it w/ your MD state income taxes. You do that now right?

First one was my example, not the second one, should have been more clear. Hell if I'm paying two states, especially if one of them is this one:mad54:

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    If a 50% ammo tax passed, can you imagine how much more impossible it would become to find ammo prior to it going into effect?

Good news is that you could probably find it more easily after the tax.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Well Fox news did a report on taxing the 2nd amendment. Showed MD as "considering
    a $25 gun license fee and 50% tax on Ammo so maybe thats where the questions are stemming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom