• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ain't that the truth. Lol

Wouldn't be so bad or annoying if he offered substance in his comments other than glocks are yucky. Would still get annoying just a little less

Glocks are like boobies gunny.....if it's there your gonna touch it, you're gonna like it, but then your gonna go on the internet talking about how you've seen better boobies once.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Another good video by mrgunsngear. If I didn't get the 509,a g19 g5 would be very possible. Although that p10 is nice too. Dang it's awesome to have so many great choices!!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Flared magwell:thumbsup:

no more serrated "target" TRIGGER:thumbsup:

improved rifling and target crown:thumbsup:

darker and tougher finish:thumbsup:

better sights, and more factory options:thumbsup:factory

simpler 2-pin assembly:thumbsup:

simplified striker block:thumbsup:

no finger grooves-meh, gen 4's grooves didn't bother me, but was kind of a loose-loose situation, if they fit your hand, you don't notice them, if they don't you hate them

front magwell cutout at bottom of the grip:tdown: I know it is for added grip to yank out a stuck mag, but on the G2-19 it grinds the side of my pinkie, the flat gen 3-4 bottom edge is better IMO.

ambi slide stop, meh, Glock has been claiming for decades this part is a stop only, not as a release to chamber a round, the reason they are so small and unobtrusive. I love extended stops to aid slide release functionality on larger GLOCK models, the ambi doesn't help. On subcompact models I like the standard release, it is small enough to keep out of the way to prevent inadvertently locking the slide open, and I would rather rack a slide than drop it with a larger release. The new ambi stop has more stuff sticking out, and more of a chance to get bumped during recoil. So just as bad for those that want to release the slide with it, worse for those that don't.

I've already got a few standard, compact, subcompact and full models, don't really see myself buying one until they produce something I want, but don't have, maybe an improved G5 G34, or something interesting and purpose built like the G40 or G30S were, maybe a new 5th gen G19 slide length on a G26 frame.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Interesting article here from Gabe Suarez at Suarez international on the Gen 5 Glocks... http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/08/the-truth-about-the-gen-5-glock.html

FWIW, I own a couple of Suarez slides and they are top quality in every respect. Gabe is a controversial guy for sure, but he does know a thing or two about Glocks, there's no question in my mind about that....

Personally, I like the finger grooves on the Gen 4, so I can't see any compelling reason to run out and drop a large amount of coinage just for the privilege of saying I own a Gen 5.

Just my humble opinion on all this, I'm not trying to stir up a Hornets nest here....

I don't have any skin in this game, and if you like the new Gen 5 and can afford one, I say go for it... Absolutely....!! It's a Glock, and IMHO you can't go wrong with a Glock, period..... :D

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    So you can now fit a Glock 17 stock barrel in a Glock 19, if they are both Gen 5? Is this a new thing (not a Glock guy here)?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Seeing Glock 17 Gen 3 selling used for $400 and Glock 19's for $425, back in free America. More than a few people dumping off older generations, in anticipation of this.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have Gen 5 guns at the shop if anyone wants to check them out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The question is, why not? For sure one will be in my safe, along with Gen 2,3 & 4

Aren't they almost a "back to the future" firearm? The barrel may be better but it's still not a 100 yard rifle. The flared magwell isn't that big of a deal unless you're in competition or John Rambo.

I don't see why there's so much hype over it.

YMMV

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    On Friday I went to 2A in Jessup to secure my Gen 5 G17 & G19 (guess I can't pick up until December, Maryland sucks) and dang if they didn't have a "used" but likely never fired mint condition Gen 4 G19 in battlefield green for $420. Got that too. I'm not sure at the moment how many that will total up to but I think it's around 22 or 23 Glock's. Every time I think I am done... Smh...
    e6b5251bf343b950805beff0b90c1f53.jpg
    1aa1b00dde104f7fbac4363f86cc3149.jpg

And the Gen 4 for $420
    f4bce418a65117379583c15ed30f78e3.jpg

Last edited:

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    On Friday I went to 2A in Jessup to secure my Gen 5 G17 & G19 (guess I can't pick up until December, Maryland sucks) and dang if they didn't have a "used" but likely never fired mint condition Gen 4 G19 in battlefield green for $420. Got that too. I'm not sure at the moment how many that will total up to but I think it's around 22 or 23 Glock's. Every time I think I am done... Smh...
    e6b5251bf343b950805beff0b90c1f53.jpg
    1aa1b00dde104f7fbac4363f86cc3149.jpg

And the Gen 4 for $420
    f4bce418a65117379583c15ed30f78e3.jpg

December? Holy hell. I want one but am looking to get a handgun like now. The gen 4 finger grooves don't fit my fingers. Loved the gen 5.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    December? Holy hell. I want one but am looking to get a handgun like now. The gen 4 finger grooves don't fit my fingers. Loved the gen 5.
    How about a cz p10? We received another today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Just a heads up 2 Gen5's have been submitted to the review board for the tentative end of October date.. At this point the date is not 100% so therefore it could be mid December by the time anyone in Maryland can actually take possession of one.

I held a couple Gen5's particularly with the NS Ameriglo package and will likely pick one up as a friend of mine would like purchase my Gen4 when I do...however I'm torn at the moment I really like the finger grooves, it literally fits my hand perfect. Not sure why the Gen5 can't come with both options plenty of people could go either way while wanting all the other features.. slightly improved Barrel, trigger, good optionally night sight package, flared magwell, more durable coating on the slide for those that holster one often, etc

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just won a free Glock from Glock themselves at The Big 3 East event in Florida. :party29:

I just need to see if i want to wait until Decmber for gen 5 to be approved or get the gen 4 now.

Does anyone know a ball park date on when the gen 5 approval will happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom