• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They need to be shown that they are rapidly approaching the line in the sand.

Good work Mopar.

But which line in the sand did he establish, and which consequence (for crossing that line) did he convey? From the idiotic dem point of view, they heard that they've crossed the line where opponents of their infringing laws are willing to sound salty and give the finger before leaving the room. That doesn't establish a damn thing in terms of consequence. All a Maryland liberal thinks when they see that is, "Yeah, I guess the majority of the voters in this state and the Moms are right - these fringe gun nuts really are jerks."

That has nothing to do with reality, but that's how they think. Angry emotional outbursts convince them that what they see as their mandate to make sure Mopar's next outburst isn't an armed one is the right and proper thing. Nanny state totalitarians LOVE to have their instincts confirmed, and they just got a fine video clip for that use.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wearing a shirt that says "We will not comply" and then being offended by a middle finger are very contradictory statements. Your shirts are basically giving the finger to the lawmakers by telling them you will ignore them and their work. Do you guys really mean it when you say you won't comply or are you all just jumping on the band wagon and "keeping up with the Jones'" by wearing the cool kid shirts?

I'm not offended. Don't get me wrong, I really like Mopar. I just don't think it is productive. We went in there with DO NOT COMPLY shirts and gave them our names. You tell me.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Sitting with Mopar yesterday, he seems to not go off crazy. So when I saw the number ones he gave, I clapped and screamed loudly. I agree with other posts. Time for turning the other cheek was gone in 2013. They need to know they are not dealing with sheeple. Eff these morons.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Concerning the Mopar matter, I recall a book that had incidents in it during the Revolution where people would write graffiti "God save the King" and others would change it to "God damn the King". Similarities abound.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Do you guys really mean what's written on your shirts? How many of you wearing those will take the typical congressional republican action and cave in when the laws are passed? You guys need to get angry and fight. You can't keep getting pushed around and crapped all over year after year by the legislature, what does that get you? It gets your rights eroded every single March, that's what it gets. Those asshats on the committee ignored 95% of your words yesterday, but I guarantee that Mopar's single (double?) action got through to them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They need to know we will not roll over and get it dry again.

I thought that was amply and eloquently conveyed in hours and hours of testimony and atmospherics yesterday. And a lot of the seriousness of that message was undone in one pointless gesture. If that was a *****-hat-wearing lefty doing the same thing in testimony, we'd all agree it was childish BS that just confirms what we know about how unserious and irrational they are.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wearing a shirt that says "We will not comply" and then being offended by a middle finger are very contradictory statements. Your shirts are basically giving the finger to the lawmakers by telling them you will ignore them and their work. Do you guys really mean it when you say you won't comply or are you all just jumping on the band wagon and "keeping up with the Jones'" by wearing the cool kid shirts?

I agree with the gesture 110%; it's no different that what the libtards in the People's Republik of Md have been doing to us since forever.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Smokey snapping fingers.

"Hey, Atterbeary. Over here. Good girl."

LOL.

DAMN!!! That’s a pair of brass ones for sure!
    If I was still there I’d buy him a beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was beautiful!

So, wait, someone giving testimony actually dog whistled an inattentive delegate? Wow....

You know what; it's about time. These smug SOBs work for us! Even if it is patronizing, at least give us your attention.

Lauren: "Do you know what AR stands for?"

Ivy: "Certainly"

Lauren: "SOoooo... can you tell us?"

Ivy: "Certainly"

Lauren: ........

Ivy: ........

Crowd:......bwahahahahahahahahaha

Did the crowd really laugh? I'm guessing so; not shocking the delgate had no clue.

Thank you so much for your donation offer.

We are playing catch up after hustling to take our “We Will Not Comply” campaign to Annapolis yesterday.

If you would be so kind as to drop a post about wanting to donate into our WWNC thread, I can PM you back after I clear out my PMs inbox over the next day or two.

Again, thank you!

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232890&highlight=Picket

We have a few WWNC shirts available for Wednesday, when the Senate side takes up three Gun bills starting at noon.

OOPS, I see the Mods locked our thread in order to create a new omnibus “Real Time Gun Bill Day” thread.

I will start a new Patriot Picket “donations thread” later today, which might include another order for more “We Will Not Comply” shirts if enough people want to have one.

A special shout out to the Patriots at the corner of walk and don't walk holding signs and flags all day :thumbsup: The wind coming straight across the bridge and the cool temperatures didn't help things. What wind speed does it take to blow a flag straight out?

Paging Red Maryland. Red Maryland to the committee chambers! Anyone from Red Maryland to the bricks? Is there a Red Maryland folk here to respond? Greg Kline? Brian Griffiths? Anyone who Op-Eds there? Beuller? Fry?

Thanks all for doing the work, you deserve a big kudos, self congrats, spiking the football and everything else.

Sine Die can't come fast enough.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Do you guys really mean what's written on your shirts? How many of you wearing those will take the typical congressional republican action and cave in when the laws are passed? You guys need to get angry and fight. You can't keep getting pushed around and crapped all over year after year by the legislature, what does that get you? It gets your rights eroded every single March, that's what it gets. Those asshats on the committee ignored 95% of your words yesterday, but I guarantee that Mopar's single (double?) action got through to them.
    I think some here took your questions as Sarcasm rather then being rhetorical. These are fair questions that we all need to ask ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Engine 4 is correct. They need to know we will not roll over and get it dry again.

"We will not comply" and "**** you" are two different things. You can see why because the second will have a bunch of asterisks. Most of the idiots up there are self-righteous arses, and a large number lawyers. When a judge hears someone testify with four letter words, the message is received with less credence. I suggest we look through this with the same lens. We must remember the audience. If we cuss them out, they are just going to roll and glass over their eyes and think "another gun nut." Remember how Barry Soetoro described us? These people all worship the ground he walks on.

The other thing to consider is how the left and drive by media will portray this. That screen grab will be the summary - not the other 17 hours of measured, reasoned, logical explanation. We need the John Does, and dare I say, the Fudds, to rally to our side.

The message of we will not comply is measured. It warns them of what will occur, without losing our moral high ground.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I don't agree with the gesture, but I'll defend his right to do it. Like someone else wrote, it's done, let's think about the future. I'm a sole proprietor who would lose half my clients if my 2A views were well known. So I write checks and write/call my reps. As soon as Rack sends out a payment link PP is getting a donation. Phenomenal work done yesterday.

I offered to raffle off a case of 5.56 with every single penny going to reup their fund. Whether it’s $300 or $3000 it’s all theirs.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I agree with the gesture 110%; it's no different that what the libtards in the People's Republik of Md have been doing to us since forever.

So, seeing them do that makes you think they're right when they do that do you? I don't follow the logic. Yes, the left has been screwing us for generations, now. If one of them says "fvck you" while they gear up to do more of it, I don't stop to reconsider my opposition to them because they were lazily willing to trot out some more insult to go with the injury. Every time some angry lefty lets loose with the vitriol, invective, and the literal or metaphorical giving me the finger, it reminds me how wrong they are. And that they know their position is philosophically weak if they have to resort to that to make themselves seem passionate.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    "We will not comply" and "**** you" are two different things. You can see why because the second will have a bunch of asterisks. Most of the idiots up there are self-righteous arses, and a large number lawyers. When a judge hears someone testify with four letter words, the message is received with less credence. I suggest we look through this with the same lens. We must remember the audience. If we cuss them out, they are just going to roll and glass over their eyes and think "another gun nut." Remember how Barry Soetoro described us? These people all worship the ground he walks on.

The other thing to consider is how the left and drive by media will portray this. That screen grab will be the summary - not the other 17 hours of measured, reasoned, logical explanation. We need the John Does, and dare I say, the Fudds, to rally to our side.

The message of we will not comply is measured. It warns them of what will occur, without losing our moral high ground.

Couldn't agree more. This is not the image that we want representing what we are trying to do in Annapolis. Unfortunately, this is exactly how the left will represent it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm not offended. Don't get me wrong, I really like Mopar. I just don't think it is productive. We went in there with DO NOT COMPLY shirts and gave them our names. You tell me.
    I agree. I also think Mopar was tired and frustrated, and hopefully, is only viewed as one person giving testimony against HBARs. My reaction, as a legislator, if more did the same (cursed at me and gave me the bird) would be to say eff you back legislatively, and give your side no breaks. I think it would be incredibly dumb and self-destructive if more did this moving forward. Mopar is a smart guy. He made his gesture and I think will recalibrate.

There was a teen (whose father is on the board), an Asian dude who took up shooting as a sport a few years ago, a young gay man, several other gentleman (black, white, Hispanic, ER docs), and women of different ages that gave very effective testimony in support of the HBAR. The sponsor also did himself no favors.

As per introducing passion into the debate, the most effective gentleman was the guy that got the chamber to stand up and told the committee this was the line in the sand and the do not comply shirts meant something. He was addressed by an anti delegate telling him that their minds weren't made up and we were being heard. He was in a group before Mopar.

As mentioned, there was only one sponsor to this legislation in the house relative to the other anti bills, and that one sponsor got hard questions from other legislators that he couldn't answer without being evasive or an ass at times. He got no support from them. These folks weren't all necessarily on his side and this wasn't their bill.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Concerning mopar's stone-cold signoff:
    When I'm walking my family through the streets of baltimore, unarmed, to get to the aquarium....do you think our legislators give an F if I feel "offended" by being stripped of my right to bear arms in defense of my family? How about our political opposition using dead kids as political props for their emotional arguments to strip us of our rights? That's pretty f^cking offensive to me. Stripping me and others of our right to bear arms is MUCH more offensive than a gesture demonstrating that frustration. The legislators need to see it. They need to see that we've been trying to play nice, but are close to the breaking point. I think mopar's testicular testimony, when combined with the ER doc's testimony of the GA opening an almost healed wound were powerful together. I hope they were shocked and slightly scared by it. They should be when they consider stripping us of our rights.

There were plenty of us that went with the alternative tact of cordial and informative(but assertive) testimony to still get our points through. There is absolutely no reason to lick the boots of our oppressors in hopes that that might not take away all of our inalienable rights.

Keep in mind also that mopar is not a professional speaker. He is a passionate 2a advocate that took his personal time to go stand for your rights. So he didn't deliver his testimony like a paid lobbyist. He delivered a testimony...actually a dozen or so testimonies. The fact that he delivered his personal invitation for the infringement-pimps to f-themselves after 2am(when nearly everyone else had given up and gone home) means something to me. If it was a mistake, I think he's entitled to make one after such a long day of defending our rights.

eercole11

Feb 6, 2013
    So the media posts an ill informed article. Right now it has a total of 12 comments. Rather than sitting here debating the nuances of the double middle finger get on social media and start hammering them with the reality. And not the shall not be infringed f u libs smack talk. POINT OUT THE INNACURACIES. the faikures of current policy. 130 pages of us telling each other what we already know. Tell them they are wrong and why. These fools can make reality how they want it to seem we need to be more invokved there.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    pardon me

I have heard on numerous occasions their disdain for us and that many have used derogatory words to describe us- a lot with curse words. We were very cordial, did not cry on cue, and made excellent points that confounded these libtards. If they will not listen ( mentioned that most have already made up their minds and what we did meant nothing) then they sure as hell will with what Mopar did. Now I do not espouse acting thuggish and dropping bombs every other word and talking like a punk. But, these asshats need to be made aware that we are not kidding.

They should be like little hemorrhoids that only act up once in a while that causes a little discomfort and the rest of the time be out of sight, out of mind. They work for us, not the other way around.

Someone yesterday correctly mentioned how three counties control the other 21.

In their eyes, we cannot win whatever way we act. Eff'm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom