• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I past by the early voting location on Shawan rd. 4x a day. I have not seen one Quinn sign. Tons of Wolf and Redmer. Just an observation. Ftm, I haven't seen one yet in person.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    While I'm shitting all over Hogan, I'm disappointed that more money hasn't been funneled to Redmer's campaign. Hogan is crushing Jealous by every measure, and cash on hand is one of them. Redmer can take BalCo, but it would be by the skin of his teeth. More cash from Larry Milquetoast would have helped.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    While I'm shitting all over Hogan, I'm disappointed that more money hasn't been funneled to Redmer's campaign. Hogan is crushing Jealous by every measure, and cash on hand is one of them. Redmer can take BalCo, but it would be by the skin of his teeth. More cash from Larry Milquetoast would have helped.

Great in theory, but you have to win your race first. Gonna start a fight ,have a full powder room.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For whatever reason, there seems to be a lot less interest by polling organizations to get data on the MD Governor race in 2018 vs 2014 (see attached figures). Unless Real Clear Politics has missed it, there are no new MD polls since October 7.
    31c31d822736ea8dd38be008a3f0c464.jpg
    c0acce9447f00d93546959f3a7547655.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I’ve never said you called members names just countered to you saying I called members names. You seem to be one of those people who never admit when they’re wrong and is an “authority” on everything and has to have the last word. Just my observations from being a member since last February.

May God bless you as well.

And you know all of this about someone you’ve never met... but you’ve been reading on the internet.

Hmmm.

Funny thing...

Bon jour

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I saw one of his campaign signs last night and thought of a good slogan for him: "Hold Your Nose for Hogan".

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I saw one of his campaign signs last night and thought of a good slogan for him: "Hold Your Nose for Hogan".

That summarizes my vote. He's lucky the Democrats didn't put up a moderate or he'd have a real race on his hands. To say or imply that he has done anything for the party in Maryland is so disingenuious. His brand of "Republican" is more Democrat than real Republican.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That summarizes my vote. He's lucky the Democrats didn't put up a moderate or he'd have a real race on his hands. To say or imply that he has done anything for the party in Maryland is so disingenuious. His brand of "Republican" is more Democrat than real Republican.

Just curious, in what way do you believe he acts more like a Democrat than a Republican?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Is this really a necessary question? There are 50 pages discussing this!

There seems to be a plethora of Hogan bashing, but the only thing I've heard is he sold our 2A rights down the river. Although, that is true, that does not make him a Democrat, nor even close to acting like those Demwits in the MGA.

So, I'd like to know why people believe he's more Democrat than a Republican, sans 2A issues.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There seems to be a plethora of Hogan bashing, but the only thing I've heard is he sold our 2A rights down the river. Although, that is true, that does not make him a Democrat, nor even close to acting like those Demwits in the MGA.

So, I'd like to know why people believe he's more Democrat than a Republican, sans 2A issues.
    See points 2&3 on this flyer that the Democratic Party in Annapolis is sending out to bash actual Republican candidates ... (and in essence, spending campaign money aligning themselves with Hogan) ...

3150b65960d1ac9d1b86c509f94d6935.jpg

Then there's the whole not voting for Trump, saying that Kavanaugh needed to be further investigated, etc distancing from the national Republican party.

If people are making the hold your nose argument, it's an honest one, but let's not pretend that this governor (who won't even meet with MSI if I remember correctly) is more than a RINO.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    These numbers aren't too much of a surprise as there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in Maryland, but it does make one worry about candidates down ticket from Hogan including Craig Wolf ...

Larry Hogan Doesn’t Need to Worry Much about Maryland’s Early Vote
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/larry-hogan-maryland-campaign-in-good-shape/amp/

At first glance, the early-voting numbers in Maryland look ominous for incumbent Republican Governor Larry Hogan. Early voting closed yesterday, with 665,064 Marylanders casting their ballots early — and that total includes 426,196 registered Democrats and 156,201 registered Republicans. That comes out an early vote that is 64 percent Democrat, 23 percent Republican, and 13 percent other or unaffiliated.

But Democratic candidate Ben Jealous can’t quite break out the party hats. Maryland has always been a heavily Democratic state, and this partisan split in the early vote is . . . pretty much in line with the last midterm cycle. Democrats voting early in 2014 outnumbered Republicans, 189,175 to 87,035, with 28,328 unaffiliated voters also voting early. That added up to a split that was . . . 62 percent Democrat, 28 percent Republican, and 10 percent unaffiliated. That year Hogan was outspent 5-to-1 . . . and Hogan won, 51 percent to Anthony Brown’s 47 percent.

In 2014, 23 percent of self-identified Democrats voted for Hogan. Brown simply could not generate excitement in the Democratic base, and heavily Democratic areas like Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, and Baltimore City had low turnout.

Polling in this cycle indicates Hogan has won over even more Democrats. A Gonzalez poll from early October found Hogan “capturing a third of the registered Democrats in the state, 1-in-5 black voters, racking up huge margins in the Baltimore suburbs, the eastern, western, and southern parts of the Old Line State, and running dead even in traditionally liberal Montgomery County. . . . Since his surprisingly imposing victory in the June Democratic primary, first-time candidate Ben Jealous’ efforts to create electoral enthusiasm beyond his progressive base have produced bupkis.”

As these numbers suggest above, and others like JPG have been posting for county wide totals, a greater proportion of registered Democrats are voting than the proportion of registered Republicans. Almost for certain that the increased numbers on the Democratic side are mostly partisan - and thus far in Maryland, with Republicans possibly voting at a lower rate than in 2016 and 2014 - it's going to be a hard slog for many Republicans on the MD ballot unless Republicans show up en masse on November 6.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    He's something. Rino, maybe. A moderate. Fiscally conservative. But, jello on anything non-budget related. Surprised he stuck his nose in Baltimore during the riots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom