Supreme Court Justices (post Trump Victory 2016)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the Repubs exercise the Nuclear Option (51 votes for confirmation, ) it won't be a problem.

I hope they shove ir right down the Dems throats as Reid did to the Repubs for Federal Judge confirmations

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Bon Appetit a$$holes.

Last edited:

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Next midterm the Republicans will get 60 in the Senate. Let the Republican Congress authorize an increase to 11 or even 13 Supreme court members and "pack the court" with hard core right wing originalists. The left wing extremist media will howl and it will be a beautiful thing having a conservative majority for 35 years.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    If the Repubs exercise the Nuclear Option (51 votes for confirmation, ) it won't be a problem.

I hope they shove ir right down the Dems throats as Reid did to the Repubs for Federal Judge confirmations

Bon Appetit a$$holes.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I can't imagine it won't be too much longer before Ruth Bader Gollum wants to retire as well. But I could be wrong. She seems like a true fanatic so may want to stay forever just to push her agenda.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Bon Appetit a$$holes.

The 51 vote option does NOT include Supreme Court Justices :-( The Dems were dumb, but not dumb enough.........

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Trump being pressured by Conservatives to name his pick...
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/313904-conservatives-press-trump-on-supreme-court-pick

They're wanting Pryor....think Pryor might carry a lot of baggage. Sykes would probably be more palatable and 'stealthy'. Reminder Sykes penned the Ezell decision at CA7.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=41587
    It's with this and future picks that I hope the NRA's over $30 million investment in Trump's election campaign starts to pay off. Many of us are members of the NRA (and other pro 2A organizations), and I feel better represented by them than establishment conservatives. I upped my donations to them in the fall of 2016 when it became apparent how many commercials they were cutting for Trump.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

krucam

Ultimate Member
    If Dems provide a lot of push back on Pryor, which I expect will happen given his Roe and Miranda comments, naming Sykes or Hardiman (both 2A friendly) might sail through as a 2nd batter.

This will take time unfortunately as Peruta is coming (Petition for Cert due today) and we could use a friendly 9th Justice seated by March/April.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thought of this today we need a 7-2 majority by 2020 if by some chance it's 6-3 and Trump loses I see Roberts retiring to get it back to 5-4

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Trump being pressured by Conservatives to name his pick...
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/313904-conservatives-press-trump-on-supreme-court-pick

They're wanting Pryor....think Pryor might carry a lot of baggage. Sykes would probably be more palatable and 'stealthy'. Reminder Sykes penned the Ezell decision at CA7.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=41587

I personally take some of these stories with a grain of salt. Like stories about cabinet picks, some of these stories I feel might be self promotional.

Neil Gorsuch is actually leading at fantasyjustice (https://fantasyjustice.lexpredict.com/stats). Pryor is second, followed by a few candidates I am not familiar with (David Stras, Associate Justice @ Minnesota Supreme Court, Margaret A. Ryan Judge @ Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, Charles Canady Justice @ Florida Supreme Court), and then Sykes.

Stras and Gorsuch have the most votes by unique IP address.

Pryor has a lot of votes, but a lot are duplicative, I guess (441 votes, 289 unique by IP address). I guess that is an indication of enthusiasm.

Stras and Ryan have both moved up in the ranks in the last few months.

Of course, the conventional wisdom is that it will be Pryor or Sykes. Given the track record of convention wisdom over the last 15 months, I'd say neither of those are likely.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I can't imagine it won't be too much longer before Ruth Bader Gollum wants to retire as well. But I could be wrong. She seems like a true fanatic so may want to stay forever just to push her agenda.

After Trump won she said a Democrat appointed her so a Democrat will replace her. I think she needs to recuse herself from anything related to Trump administration. She's already shown, on the record, extreme prejudice against Trump.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    ginsburg%2Bgollum%2Bseparated%2Bat%2Bbirth.jpg

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    After Trump won she said a Democrat appointed her so a Democrat will replace her. I think she needs to recuse herself from anything related to Trump administration. She's already shown, on the record, extreme prejudice against Trump.
    The old witch won't live long enough to have a Democrat name her replacement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom