House bill to be introduced to ban the ATF.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Be careful what you ask for...

+1,000,000

Too much centralized power becomes too oppressive very quickly.

Keeping the agencies separate makes them almost controllable. Just look at the monster DHS has become. Putting everything under the FBI would be an even bigger mistake.

And besides, there would be no other agencies left for them to take the credit from.

I guess on the upside, the number of arrests would go down...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    FBI + Ruby Ridge = Bad Ending

FBI isn't some chosen son who does nothing wrong. I would be very careful putting the BATFE responsibilities on the shoulders of the FBI.

Just my opinion.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, wasn't a proposed merger of then BATF with the FBI given as a possible reason for the over zealous action at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX?

It seems they're been knocking this idea around forever but, yeah, I think they need to be disbanded and anything left rolled into a more professional organization.

marcusrn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    San Diego
    Consider the millions spent paying ATF agents to propagate and fuel "Fast and Furious" and then the whistle blowers were reamed and shot callers rewarded.

The people who let that happen and those that played along should be working at the dog pound.

Shut them down and give their firearms jobs to the Federal Park Police dept. The Clintons thought they did a bang up job investigating the Vince Foster demise. The "suicide" where they found the gun in his hand.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Curiouser and Curiouser !!!

Abolish ATF, DHS, and DEA, fold their functions into the FBI.

Be careful what you ask for...
    EXACTLY ...

TheFirearmsBlog.com -
    Proposition to merge ATF into FBI

In the report a think tank by the name of Center for American Progress says that ATF was never designed to be a police agency and has channeled its scarce resources away from its regulatory side.

Having failed at 'police-style gun-control' a la Fast & Furious and other nefarious undercover operations, both Congress AND a left-wing think tank agree that ATF should be reconstituted as the regulatory agency it was originally intended to be. Can anything be more insidious than another EPA or Department of Education controlling every aspect of 2A through a maze of bureaucratic rules and regulations ???

Think 'Climate Change' or 'Common Core' as applied to your 2nd Amendment Rights.

Also ... Should this fact affect your opinion ...
    That the publisher of the report, The Center for American Progress, is a creation of billionaire philanthropist George Soros.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

Attachments

• ATF slogan.JPG
      ATF slogan.JPG
      35.3 KB · Views: 225

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude