• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bc1969

Apr 1, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    They must be trying to get the Tula brand out of its inventory. I've never seen a product on sale this long. I'd buy more but I already have over 2K rounds....maybe more.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Thanks for posting this! I just ordered a bunch of 7.62x39 ammo which is the same price.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    7.62x39 ammo has really come back down recently, too.

It's not yet back to pre-election levels, but we can always hope.

My first case of 7.62x54R cost me $40 (400 rounds...) I would love to see that price level again.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    What is the general opinion on this ammo? I understand the pros/cons of steel cased vs brass cased, just wondering about this ammo specificly. Seems like an awesome deal and I will have an AR to feed soon.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    What is the general opinion on this ammo? I understand the pros/cons of steel cased vs brass cased, just wondering about this ammo specificly. Seems like an awesome deal and I will have an AR to feed soon.

A while back, someone on a forum, posted that Tula is one of the actual ammo makers who supplies Wolf with their ammo. Wolf doesn't make ammo, allegedly, they buy large amounts of ammo from several contracted makers using their headstamp. It seems Tula is now allowed to sell their own ammo as well if that is true.

PS, there was an ad for Tula ammo but the headstamp showed Wolf. The internet rumor just may be true.

PS, I use the terms "allegedly" and "internet rumor" because I have never personally seen any document saying the above is 100% true.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Last week, the price was $3.79. Yesterday, the .223 had gone back up to $5.99, and today it's down to $3.79 again. I called Cabela's and all they could say was that it's "not usually that irratic."

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    A while back, someone on a forum, posted that Tula is one of the actual ammo makers who supplies Wolf with their ammo. Wolf doesn't make ammo, allegedly, they buy large amounts of ammo from several contracted makers using their headstamp. It seems Tula is now allowed to sell their own ammo as well if that is true.

PS, there was an ad for Tula ammo but the headstamp showed Wolf. The internet rumor just may be true.

PS, I use the terms "allegedly" and "internet rumor" because I have never personally seen any document saying the above is 100% true.

Way to be totally vague and only raise more questions...

JK :D

Thanks for the info!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Google Wolf ammo and you will see this" "Russian ammunition in 7.62x39, .223 Rem, .380, 9mm Luger and 45 Auto, from the Tula Cartridge Works." Sounds like confirmation, if you can trust Google.

Seems that the two are connected.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Google Wolf ammo and you will see this" "Russian ammunition in 7.62x39, .223 Rem, .380, 9mm Luger and 45 Auto, from the Tula Cartridge Works." Sounds like confirmation, if you can trust Google.

Seems that the two are connected.

I can back him up on that I saw that before.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    what's the code for $5 shipping?

DADSDAY

• $150 minimum order required, excluding gift cards
    • Use DADSDAY during checkout
    • Additional shipping charges for large or heavy items still apply
    • Offer does not apply to firearms
    • Good on Standard Express shipping to U.S. Deliverable Addresses ONLY
    • Offer expires June 14, 2010, 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
    • Not valid with any other offer
    • Offer cannot be used on prior purchases
    • Cabela's reserves the right to exclude certain products from this promotion
    • Not available to Cabela's employees

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Thanks inigoes! I went to the site and it's literally right there on the right in a big green banner >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom