• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David1959

Jul 18, 2015
    My name is David and I'm pretty new to the gun world. Recently purchased a Glock 19, attended an L5-S1 course in Frederick Maryland last year, and then put the thing in the closet because there weren't any gun ranges in the Frederick area.

Just bought an AR-15 and have returned to the Machine Gun Nest for an hour of coaching. Debating whether or not to take the $250 AR-15 Basics class there this weekend. Been reading a lot of magazine articles and watching some Magpul videos. Just can't seem to get motivated to go to the range and shoot!

I'm retired Navy, but never owned a handgun till recently. Right handed, left eye dominant. Ugh.

jplum

Feb 3, 2008
    There are some nice ranges in the Frederick area. Check out Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman Club. The other ranges will chime in soon. :-)

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk![FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Greeting neighbor, from

<------

My name is David and I'm pretty new to the gun world. Recently purchased a Glock 19, attended an L5-S1 course in Frederick Maryland last year, and then put the thing in the closet because there weren't any gun ranges in the Frederick area.

Just bought an AR-15 and have returned to the Machine Gun Nest for an hour of coaching. Debating whether or not to take the $250 AR-15 Basics class there this weekend. Been reading a lot of magazine articles and watching some Magpul videos. Just can't seem to get motivated to go to the range and shoot!

I'm retired Navy, but never owned a handgun till recently. Right handed, left eye dominant. Ugh.

If I were you, I'd sign up for one of clandestine's AR classes. I have taken his armorer's course and it is fantastic.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227

The wealth of knowledge you will find on here might be overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it. Just don't mention Miltec, MLP, or an amazing horse.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 134

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

Welcome from Marriottsville. Clean it, lube it, make sure it operates, take it to the range and fire it. Providing you didn't buy someone's build out of a garage (guess it would depend who's garage :rolleyes: ), chances are a complete AR from a common manufacturer will function.

Just be sure to wear ear and eye protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom