• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    My app was re'd at MSP 3/15..been 64 days and no contact since CJIS ok letter dated 3/19. No contacts by references either.

I wonder if the MSP are going to pull the old -"We can't find your app, can you reapply and we will not charge you this time?". But you will have to go and do the live scan over and make your wallet $75 lighter.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Merlin said:
    I wonder if the MSP are going to pull the old -"We can't find your app, can you reapply and we will not charge you this time?". But you will have to go and do the live scan over and make your wallet $75 lighter.

That's why you keep a copy of everythig sent

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    In looking at the paperwork again it does state to NOT call MSP to check on your app until after 90 business days...and business days is underlined.

Nov 13, 2011
    Bethesda, MD
    Finger printed and notarized in downtown Bethesda 3/9
    ID photos at CVS 3/10
    Express mailed via USPS 3/10

Now I play the waiting game.

Check posted on 3/14/2012. I didn't seem to have any special numbers or what not that other folks noticed.

Received 'all clear' on state background check 3/16/2012

Today, 5/30/2012, the called all three of my references, reaching 2 of the three. The one they did not reach, they left a voicemail asking them call a different officer and left a number that was not in service; buddy also tried calling back the number that called him but they did not answer (tried 4x between 2:30 and 5:30). I had him save the voicemail and forward it to me. The number was clearly dictated and definitely not in service when I tried.

The ones they did reach were asked how long they knew me, and some typical alcohol/drug/violence history questions. Lasted less than 3 minutes.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    update:

March, 09 - Package signed/received by MSP
    March, 12 - Check Cashed by MSP
    March, 15 - Letter from CJIS - NSTR
    June, 14 - call to set up appt for next week

90 Calendar days = 6/7
    90 Work days = 7/19

Dimes

Frugal King
    Feb 16, 2012
    PG County, MD
    Update:
    Mailed Application: March 8th.
    Received March 9th
    Processed: March 12th & Check Cashed: March 14th
    References called: April 27th
    Interview: May 11th with Trooper/Investigator Johnson at the Forestville Barracks.
    Fiance Called: May 11
    Supervisor called: July 16th. WTF. The investigator told her that he was side tracked and forgot about the application. As a result, 2 months after my interview was even conducted, my supervisor was called. Now the application is being submitted. lol.

on the other hand, i'm not upset because a decision on the stay hasn't been made.

Last edited:

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    update

application submitted March 20th (submitted after ruling , but before the stay)

UPDATE : July 20th, 2012
    Trooper contacted ref's listed on application.

They must be really trying to stretch the process waiting for the ruling.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It seems MD is holding the pre-stay applications until the judge rules. This is a good sign. it would be perfectly legal for MD to deny all applications without G&S at this point. It likely indicates that you will be issued a permit if the Judge does not grant a permanent stay. Hold tight.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Myself and coworker's recieved on 3/14 IIRC. Neither of us , or any references heard anything yet.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I don't know if there is new movement on CCW applications processing using G&S as justification or whether my app is just now coming up but I just got a call from MSP for an interview tomorrow. Trooper sounded pleasant enough on the phone. I'll try to see if she has any info she wishes to share with me on thinking inside MSP on this subject. Doubtful, but it can't hurt to try.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    I put in with 3 other coworkers all at the same time. 2 of us live in Calvert Co, 2 in St Mary's. Of the two Calvert guys, 1 has already had his interview and they just started calling my references last night. St Mary's.....no action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom