Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 8th, 2021, 06:55 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarmanNick View Post
Next time you catch him on your property, take him(may have to use some persuasion) to a secluded portion and have him start digging a hole. Tell him he had ample opportunity to mind his own business, but chose to invade your privacy. After he pisses himself, allow him to leave with the understanding that he never again sets a foot on your property, or anything you think is yours.

Credit given to a scene from Yellowstone for the idea.
Or if not bear traps canít you use a razor wire fence?
Attached Images

Mightydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:03 PM #22
Scribe

Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman93 View Post
12+ acres is a lot to fence.
Farms do it easy and cheaply. Dont need much else witht he "Keep out" signs.

Also, once you are done with crazy dude, take down the camera's if you dont trust them.
Matlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:08 PM #23

if he is truly crazy you won't be able to reason with him. I would look into how you can have him committed again. As long as he is somewhere close by there's a chance something bad can happen. Not a good situation to be in. Good luck and keep us posted.
Baldheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:22 PM #24

Check the paperwork you received at settlement when you bought the property. There should be a survey. You'll need to look at it and see if it is a Boundary Line Survey or just a House Location Survey. It's probably just a house location survey so the property lines shown will be close to accurate but not precise. Also pay special attention to any of the surveyor's notes shown on the survey in reference to that particular property line. That may give you a starting point at least. A stakeout to verify the exact property lines if a Boundary Line Survey was not already done can run you a few hundred bucks. I'm a title abstractor by trade and can take a quick look in the land records for you to see if anything was recorded when he partitioned the property. Feel free to private message me if you need help.
RichardTerp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:28 PM #25
Between two waters

Between two waters

Definitely first step is to get the property line staked by a legit surveyor. Not cheap, $1k-$2k, depending on the length and number of stakes, but you will have something on record. If the neighbor starts that BS again, invite him to get his own survey and challenge your surveyor in court.

We have a similarly crazy neighbor, got the property line only on his side staked, and just put up a fence with green stakes and 5’ high rolls of galvanized wire (~$1/ foot).
The neighbor is kinda getting the idea.

Second, and the hardest part, don’t engage with him. This kind of bored coots will latch onto anyone new to tell their crazy talk, and don’t understand boundaries. Just firmly tell him every time that you are busy, and if on your property, tell him you didn’t invite him.
Vodnik4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:39 PM #26

I watched a movie last night where a prison veteran prisoner went into a new cell with a newer prisoner. He just stared at the guy and said "So, are we going to F*** or fight"?The other guy was speechless and just stared at him.

It set a tone, you may want to give that a go next time he comes over trespassing
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:43 PM #27

Get a survey. Put up "no trespassing" signs on every single tree along the property line.

Every single time he comes over, just repeat this:. "I am not inviting you onto my property. Please leave immediately and do not come back."

Don't even engage or listen to the property argument before the survey.
gwchem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 07:49 PM #28