• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Unfortunately it looks like the ATF already removed the exemption in their regulation guide as of January:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ned-common-at15-green-tip-ammunition-n1966761

It also doesn't bode well that when asked about the ATF decision, White House spokesman Josh Earnest referred to it as a "common sense" solution. Note that when Obama announced his executive actions on gun control after the failed 2013 legislation, he promised "common sense" solutions.

I hope Congress does get together some kind of bill, but remember that even if it passes Congress you can be sure Obama will veto it immediately.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=171171

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    On Friday afternoon, however, I spoke to J. Thomas Manger, the chief of the Montgomery County, Md., police department, and the president of the Major Cities Chiefs Association, which supports the A.T.F. effort. “Congress has asked them to make these kinds of decisions, and Congress should heed their recommendation,” he said.

When I mentioned that armor-piercing ammunition used to be called cop-killer bullets, he quickly corrected me.

“They’re still called cop-killing bullets,” Manger said. “I think every cop understands that.”

Bullets Over Washington

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    ATF DECIDES TO SHELVE PROPOSED BAN ON POPULAR TYPE OF BULLET AMID STRONG OPPOSITION FROM MAJORITIES IN HOUSE AND SENATE - Just reported on FoxNews.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom