• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/172288401977?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Just purchased this on EBAY using offer feature at $300 (free shipping), you may be able to get it cheaper?...
    Once it arrives, get's mounted and get it to the range, I'll post a follow-up.
    I own a Vortex SPARC AR, though it's currently not mounted on anything. I liked it well enough, but ended up putting the new Spitfire AR on that rifle instead due to my worsening astigmatism. FWIW I felt the quality was quite good, especially for what I paid.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I own a Vortex SPARC AR, though it's currently not mounted on anything. I liked it well enough, but ended up putting the new Spitfire AR on that rifle instead due to my worsening astigmatism. FWIW I felt the quality was quite good, especially for what I paid.

I have several vortex products and they're nice for their pricepoint. The combo in the ebay link are now on top of my CX-4, I'm taking a Spitfire and older sparc with the screw in magnifier along on the first range trip and decide what works best with regards to height.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have a question.... the pic on ebay shows the magnifier in front of the red dot- to me correct due the dot not getting huge of in front of the magnifier. But, I see tons of set ups with the magnifier behind the red dot.
    Thanks.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I have a question.... the pic on ebay shows the magnifier in front of the red dot- to me correct due the dot not getting huge of in front of the magnifier. But, I see tons of set ups with the magnifier behind the red dot.
    Thanks.

If the magnifier is in place and not flipped to the side, you would look thru the magnifier into the red dot, it wouldn't work the other way. The way it shows up in the link is correct, the focus adjustment is on the back of the magnifier where you would be looking thru to the red dot

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    If the magnifier is in place and not flipped to the side, you would look thru the magnifier into the red dot, it wouldn't work the other way. The way it shows up in the link is correct, the focus adjustment is on the back of the magnifier where you would be looking thru to the red dot

Much appreciated. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom