• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit or you would have read and understood the following quote - "Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case."

With that being said - you guys win, I'm done.

It’s not even about winning. I don’t want to “win”It’s about acknowledging that good cops are good, but you can’t look your trooper up on Google reviews as you are getting pulled over. A bad cop can ruin your life. Just like a bad doctor, or welder, or driver. Caveat emptor.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    When people believe they have the ability to make their own rules we are always in jeopardy.
    All those involved with suppression of rights should not be allowed to be in a position of making decisions.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll let you in on a little secret...

On average, probably 60% of calls received are ******** and we know they're ******** but are generally required to respond anyway. Rather than be incensed by the response, judge based on interactions once on scene. (If something was handled wrong at that point then be irritated.)

And yes there are cases where simply arriving in the area and viewing without contact is all that would be required but keep in mind, you don't always have the full details regarding the actual complaint made. (People make all kinds of inaccurate claims when they call in an attempt to ensure an officer will respond.)

Just providing some perspective in general, not speaking about this specific case.

Another example, and I could post them all day, where some local cops wasted too much of their time interacting with a guy who was not breaking any law and taking that time away from protecting and serving the gen pop.

It seems to me that this is a prime example of arriving in the area and viewing without contact and yet two officers and eventually their supervisor got "somehow" sucked into a quarter hour of needless jawboning with a law abiding citizen.

Raise your hand if you think that the object of their interaction was to just make contact with Mr. Porter and tell him not to walk into traffic with his sign. This isn't police work, it's harassment pure and simple.

You can't convince me that the purpose of this encounter, just like Sgt Pope and the PP, was NOT to intimidate him and them to move or quit what they are/were doing. Except that Mr Porter, like the PP, knew his rights and these cops eventually backed off which is exactly what Sgt Pope should have done and now his ass is in a sling.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Hulberts deserve more respect than this. Their rights were trampled by bad cops, it's really that simple, there is absolutely no need to take it personally.

Sgt Pope was screwed by his superiors and by the false sense of privilege demanded by the arrogant assholes who run this state. I feel for the guy, because there was no winning for him. He was thrown under the bus by his bosses and his circumstances. (Amusingly enough, in the depositions, his boss, the head of the MD Capitol Police, also claimed he was being thrown under the bus. Big bus, messy pavement. Perhaps the location was dangerous, after all?)

Following the orders of those who control your life through your paycheck, while knowing that if you fail to follow orders your life will change forever, is an unpleasant situation. Ive seen honorable men bite their tongues and do what they're told, even though they know it's wrong, and I understand the severe leverage that is moving them off the spot they know they should be holding.

The guy* who originated this shitshow is the one who should be liable for serious damages; I hope it eventually brings him down. But it probably won't happen. You know how it goes. . .

Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland.

*From reading the Hulbert's OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS’
    MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT . . .
    https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mdd.414130/gov.uscourts.mdd.414130.83.0.pdf

. . . it would appear that the order to remove the Patriot Picket from the sidewalk in front of Lawyer's Mall originated from the office of the Lt Governor, Boyd Rutherford; it isn't clear that the man himself issued the order. Apparently he doesn't care to interact with hoi polloi, nor does he deign to be accosted and questioned on matters of government. This high-handed treatment is apparently not uncommon:

Maryland Capitol Police were
    instructed to move peaceful demonstrators that were lawfully demonstrating on a public sidewalk.
    The civil communications officer who took the call, Lakeshia Wesby, knew that this type of call
    from or on behalf of elected officials must be treated urgently “because of the importance of the
    people who [are] calling.” Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 51. She also knew the likely outcome
    of the call, as she receives similar calls on a regular basis, approximately twice a month, and always
    forwards the calls to a sergeant for the express purpose of helping the official to avoid interaction
    with demonstrators.

One wonders whether this case will ultimately find its way to Mr. Rutherford; he already has the mindset of annoyed royalty - "Will no one rid me of these turbulent picketers?" - an exercise of lese majeste that seems to be common among our more pompous elected officials, despite the absence of royal bloodlines.

It would be fitting that he should partake of the inconvenience his ego has vested upon his devoted servants.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    To me it is odd that the Lt. Gov. a black man decided to initiate a civil rights violation of two white men. Is he a racist or does not like others having rights that blacks had to fight for? If anyone should understand the need for citizens to exercise these rights it would be him.
    If we don't at time, exercise these rights on a daily basis people will forget how to exercise and get fat & happy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To me it is odd that the Lt. Gov. a black man decided to initiate a civil rights violation of two white men. Is he a racist or does not like others having rights that blacks had to fight for? If anyone should understand the need for citizens to exercise these rights it would be him.
    If we don't at time, exercise these rights on a daily basis people will forget how to exercise and get fat & happy.

Power corrupts.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sgt Pope was screwed by his superiors and by the false sense of privilege demanded by the arrogant assholes who run this state. I feel for the guy, because there was no winning for him. He was thrown under the bus by his bosses and his circumstances. (Amusingly enough, in the depositions, his boss, the head of the MD Capitol Police, also claimed he was being thrown under the bus. Big bus, messy pavement. Perhaps the location was dangerous, after all?)

Following the orders of those who control your life through your paycheck, while knowing that if you fail to follow orders your life will change forever, is an unpleasant situation. Ive seen honorable men bite their tongues and do what they're told, even though they know it's wrong, and I understand the severe leverage that is moving them off the spot they know they should be holding.

The guy* who originated this shitshow is the one who should be liable for serious damages; I hope it eventually brings him down. But it probably won't happen. You know how it goes. . .

Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland.

*From reading the Hulbert's OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS’
    MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT . . .
    https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.mdd.414130/gov.uscourts.mdd.414130.83.0.pdf

. . . it would appear that the order to remove the Patriot Picket from the sidewalk in front of Lawyer's Mall originated from the office of the Lt Governor, Boyd Rutherford; it isn't clear that the man himself issued the order. Apparently he doesn't care to interact with hoi polloi, nor does he deign to be accosted and questioned on matters of government. This high-handed treatment is apparently not uncommon:

One wonders whether this case will ultimately find its way to Mr. Rutherford; he already has the mindset of annoyed royalty - "Will no one rid me of these turbulent picketers?" - an exercise of lese majeste that seems to be common among our more pompous elected officials, despite the absence of royal bloodlines.

It would be fitting that he should partake of the inconvenience his ego has vested upon his devoted servants.

He was spared further deposition by the district court.

Everything is on the Courtlistener page https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/14829314/hulbert-v-pope/

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Another example, and I could post them all day, where some local cops wasted too much of their time interacting with a guy who was not breaking any law and taking that time away from protecting and serving the gen pop.

It seems to me that this is a prime example of arriving in the area and viewing without contact and yet two officers and eventually their supervisor got "somehow" sucked into a quarter hour of needless jawboning with a law abiding citizen.

Raise your hand if you think that the object of their interaction was to just make contact with Mr. Porter and tell him not to walk into traffic with his sign. This isn't police work, it's harassment pure and simple.

You can't convince me that the purpose of this encounter, just like Sgt Pope and the PP, was NOT to intimidate him and them to move or quit what they are/were doing. Except that Mr Porter, like the PP, knew his rights and these cops eventually backed off which is exactly what Sgt Pope should have done and now his ass is in a sling.

And the young whippersnapper officers in that case had a "CONVERSATION AND ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT" with the Chief shortly thereafter.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

He's not a black man any more. He's now an elected official - a member of the colony's royalty and ruling class. That erases all racial characteristics every time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    DGS Police said:
    Maryland Capitol Police were
    instructed to move peaceful demonstrators that were lawfully demonstrating on a public sidewalk.
    The civil communications officer who took the call, Lakeshia Wesby, knew that this type of call
    from or on behalf of elected officials must be treated urgently “because of the importance of the
    people who [are] calling.” Exhibit J (Wesby Deposition) at 51. She also knew the likely outcome
    of the call, as she receives similar calls on a regular basis, approximately twice a month, and always
    forwards the calls to a sergeant for the express purpose of helping the official to avoid interaction
    with demonstrators.

Has anyone done an FOIA to DGS to see if they are:

A. Still getting calls like this, and
    B. Still moving people at the request of the caller?

She is welcome to violate me any time she wants.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    She is welcome to violate me any time she wants.

giphy.gif

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    And the young whippersnapper officers in that case had a "CONVERSATION AND ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT" with the Chief shortly thereafter.

As a tax-paying citizen of Bowie, I am offended the City Police wasted that much time bothering Mr Porter over a complaint that was made to the PD, just because it offended some Karen who drove by.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Her uniform needs to be a couple sizes smaller to show her form.

Agreed. After watching the whole video it’s very clear that she’s packing 3 guns. I need to go speeding through Bowie sometime soon…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    This was filed on 3/1: Brief of Amicus Curiae National Police Association in Support of Defendant-Appellant Brian T. Pope
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...n-support-of-defendant-appellant-brian-t-pope
    The bolded below is complete, and utter ********. I stopped reading after that.

:sad20:

Lost in the qualified immunity debate that enveloped this case below is a
    key principle of First Amendment law: the First Amendment does not protect
    unlawful activity. In the underlying action, the Hulberts were engaged in a
    protest that turned into a so-called “First Amendment audit,” in the process
    violating a Maryland state regulation that involved the obstruction of sidewalks
    around the grounds of the Maryland state offices in Annapolis.
    The District
    Court’s First Amendment analysis should have ended at that point, as it is clear
    the First Amendment offers no protection over one’s own unlawful activities. For
    that reason, the District Court erred, and this Court should reverse the decision
    below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom