• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_

Dec 4, 2016
    I am sorry to read of your troubles, but if this young man is free to walk the streets, he should be free to buy a gun.

If he is not healthy enough to walk the streets, he should not walk the streets.

Freedom can be beautiful, ugly and also dangerous.

Just quickly want to note your wisely framed and unfortunately rational response. Cheers, and best to all, including foremost the OP and their inevitable difficulty ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So you're getting rid of all of your guns right?

Only the ones I acquired after the terrible boating accident, the accident took care of the rest. And there were the ones I turned in at the no questions asked Gun Buyback.

A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?

If you know all this, then it's your job to report it, like you said, instead of whining on an internet forum. Report it to local and state law enforcement. Report it to the DOJ and ATF. Do whatever you can to keep your son from obtaining a firearm if you believe he will be a danger to himself or others if he's allowed to own one.

We don't let blind people drive but we don't tell seeing people they also can't.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    60 some posts before this thread in 5 years. Yuri lives...

513B2V9ECBL._SY445_.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Exactly! OP-take responsibility for your kid and leave me alone. You lock up your kitchen knives but want more restrictions for me? Yeah if I said what I'm thinking I would get banned.
    Get the guns and knives and ropes and baseball bats out of your house and get your kid some professional help. That's the problem we have in this country. People take on the responsibility of kids but then they don't want the actual responsibility so they look to make everyone else change.
    Take some responsibility! Since you have "more guns than most of us" you should be able to sell them and afford top shelf help for your kid.

When people tried to take responsibility for their kids, they were called abusers and child protective services was called. Then, teachers were told under threat of lawsuit not to discipline kids, either. So, kids are running the show. Did you see them at the CNN staged "Town Hall"?

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    OP, please take responsibility for your family. I did nothing wrong, while should I be punished as a (probable :) ) gun owner. I refuse to give up any more rights that our founding fathers risked their lives for, whether it be the 2nd, the 4th, the 5th, the 14th or any of the other amendments.

A great man once said, "those who would give up liberty for safety deserve neither"

In my 40 plus years of hobbling around on this planet, I have seen anti-gun people say "gun owners should compromise [some of their rights] for the greater good." Last time I looked, we as gun owners have had some rights slowly eroded and infringed upon while the anti's have yet to give up their rights. Sorry but this crotchety gimp is sick and tired of being demonized. I, sir, will not be a sheeple.

Everyone has heard the joke, "how do you eat an elephant?". ONE BITE AT A TIME.. the anti's have been nibbling away for far too long.

In your post, you stated that he is a problem yet you want to control me?!?!? Well on that logic, what if your neighbor has too many kids so he wants to force you to be castrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom