• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    It's not the FFL making the rules..., you can thank MSP and a bunch of panty-waisted politicians for those laws... ;)

I think what A-time is saying ia that the ffl holder i use is making me fill out regulated firearms paperwork on the AR-10s and DPMS 308s and i should not really have too. I bet he is just being on the safe side which is ok by me... I would not want him to get in trouble based on someones interpretation of the law. When the assault weapon list has verbage like "AR 100 TYPE rifle" whos to say what these are...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think what A-time is saying ia that the ffl holder i use is making me fill out regulated firearms paperwork on the AR-10s and DPMS 308s and i should not really have too. I bet he is just being on the safe side which is ok by me... I would not want him to get in trouble based on someones interpretation of the law. When the assault weapon list has verbage like "AR 100 TYPE rifle" whos to say what these are...

Ahh ok, yeah - sounds like your ffl is being a bit cautious/paranoid then.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just out of curiosity why 300 blk and not one of the others like the 6.5 Grendel?

I'd hazard a guess and say because 6.5G requires a diff't bolt, barrel, and magazine. 300BLK, the only thing you changes is the barrel.

DrunkUncles

Mar 18, 2011
    Edgewater MD
    I'd hazard a guess and say because 6.5G requires a diff't bolt, barrel, and magazine. 300BLK, the only thing you changes is the barrel.

Yeah.... If I was gonna rock the 30 cal round... Using the same Mag's are a real nice luxury. And on top of that the 6.5 seems to be falling off in sales. Hoping that I can still rock the .300 in a few yrs, if not then you can add reloading to my list of hobbies.

Kind of off topic, the DD 300 is sooooooo much lighter than the Sig 716. Like 1/2 the weight. (that piston must weigh a ton)

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...j5zKBA&usg=AFQjCNEjT2KUURsAsYSb8GVnzzdaTd7syA

If you haven't already seen this, read MSP Bulletin 10-2. Before this decision was made, most dealers transferred just about any non-HBAR AR style rifle as MD regulated.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah.... If I was gonna rock the 30 cal round... Using the same Mag's are a real nice luxury. And on top of that the 6.5 seems to be falling off in sales. Hoping that I can still rock the .300 in a few yrs, if not then you can add reloading to my list of hobbies.

Kind of off topic, the DD 300 is sooooooo much lighter than the Sig 716. Like 1/2 the weight. (that piston must weigh a ton)

I don't know how well the 6.5 G is going to do, I've heard a few ammo producers are supposedly going to be supplying to meet demand, but I think it's safe to say that 300BLK is probably going to be a touch more popular in the long run as a whole.

Yeah, as a piston owner, the piston guns tend to have a noticeable amount of heft to them when compared to D.I., just nature of the beast.

Although if I didn't mind having to get some diff't mags, I'd definitely consider 6.5 G in a heartbeat, but I like the commonality of parts that 300BLK affords.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Now are uppers cash and carry and the lowers require ffl? How does that work?

AFAIK, lower's have been treated as regulated items (in MD) for years.

Works relatively easily, fill out 4473 (Federal) and a 77R (State), wait 7 days, everything comes back kosher, pick up your lower. Lower goes thru a FFL.

Upper's could be delivered straight to your home, or C/C.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Which is the best 300 blk upper for the money to put on a lwrc lower? My next ar might be an ar-10, but I'm in the same boat as the OP I think.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I already have hand loaded for my RRA LAR-8 for deer season and also hand load .308 Win for my 700 SPS Varmint. I already have the dies, reloader, primers, powder, bullets, etc... I'm going to stick with my AR-10 clone and .308 Win. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom