• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Also have some real veterans from WWII that will tell there stories to anyone who ask. I've had the pleasure of meeting so many the past couple years and with so many leaving us year to year it makes it that much more special. I got to meet the co-pilot for Jimmy Doolittle in the raid on Japan this year and had meet people like Bill Guarnere(Band of Brothers) last year and now he has passed on, more and more of "The Greatest Generation" leave us every day.

Yes, the time is growing short to talk to those who were "the Greatest Generation". On the shuttle bus from the parking area to the entrance, an older gentleman sat next to me wearing a B-25 ball cap. I asked about it and it turned out he had done over 30 flights in Europe as a B-25 navigator. Then when he was grounded due to an inner ear problem, they made him ground crew for the rest of his tour. I thanked him for his service. When we arrived at the gate he disappeared into the crowd with his family. It struck me then just how much they sacrificed and did so in almost complete anonymity...no fame, no glory....just doing what had to be done. We can all take a lesson from what they accomplished.

JoeR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom