• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In any case -- no matter what happens with this case -- DC is NOT going to allow carry by out of state residents without a DC carry license.

DC is going two prong in response to the decision.
    1) fight it per se.
    2) at the last minute pass already drafted may issue, no reciprocity, legislation. The handful of people who get them will be limited to certain times and places

Judge Sculin did not tell DC how to treat non residents other than they cannot ban carry. It remains to be seen how they accomplice this. Any opinion of how DC will do this is conjecture at this point.

2 ways DC can go

1. Non resident permits
    2. Recognize any state's permits.

I'd tend to agree DC will issue permits because they would like the control and the revenue stream it would provide. But we have to wait and see what they do. But as of now no one knows how they are going to do this..

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Many years ago I was a repo man. DC required us to apply for a Auto Repossessor's License. It was bright yellow and reflective. They actually wanted us to wear it while working.

I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Heard on the news down here in VA yesterday that they want people to have G&S just like in Maryland in order to get a permit to carry...

that means no one will get a permit...

Cyndi59

Looks like from reading here,D.C. will not except non-resident ccw's and they are making those who legally carry in other states submit like first timers who want to carry in D.C. the same as to qualify 16 hours of class,2 hours of live fire and who knows whatelse..you would think those who already been though the process that those who have ccw's should be excepted and grant resip..but they want you to have a license from D.C. and other states might or might not except resip from D.C.,D.C. has enough criminals running the street and those in the D.C. council as well as every mayor that ever run that shit hole..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom