• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, we aren't there yet, but availability keeps going up, and I've seen some prices starting to float down a little. Most places had hit around 10cpp for most stuff, even imported primers. Lately I've been seeing some of the big online retailers moving down towards 9cpp for regular primers, and if you move off the beaten path, a number of places have imported primers like Murom, Ginex and Fiocchi for 7.5-8cpp. Lots of 209 primers out there for 6.5-8cpp. Availability is not "solved", but it seems to continue to improve (though I haven't noticed Brownell's or Midway get a whole lot lately). What I can see and the bit I've been paying attention to is most places that get primers and sell then for 8-9cpp at reasonable shipping and hazmat prices sell out fairly quickly. Usually not blink and its gone, but probably don't expect them to keep it in stock for 24hrs or more (unless 209 or percussion caps). The places with high shipping and hazmat, or prices a bit above the better places, running like 10-11cpp seem to just have them available, or will get them in and have them in stock for several days to even a week or two. Brick and mortar places and gun shows mostly seem to have a fair amount of availability, but are also selling for 10-14cpp and tend to have strict limits on the lower end of that price.

Everything being available isn't happening, as noted LPP and MLPP don't seem to be around right now, and magnum large pistol primers are also not to be seen at a reasonable price.

It is slow, but availability is slowly going up, and honestly, I think between coming economics problems slowing down people's purchasing power/interest I think that'll help with the supply/demand ratio. I still don't expect primers are going to be $35/1k again. But I am still hoping in a year or so they might be down around 50-60/1k and pretty widely available.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    KYGUNCO just dropped a few flavors of small pistol and large pistol mag primers

MLPPs for just under 8cpr with no hazmat and only $5 shipping ins.

jh634

Oct 19, 2020
    just got a notice from Midway on Federal Small Pistol Primers #100 Box of 1000 - Limit 1

1665088621576.png

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    KYGUNCO just dropped a few flavors of small pistol and large pistol mag primers

MLPPs for just under 8cpr with no hazmat and only $5 shipping ins.
    guess I missed it. I added myself to their mailing list...

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Ran across this in my wanderings looking for undiscovered LPP stock. I guess this was someone's pipe dream, that new primer factory in Tx. I guess they didn't image large pistol primers anyway. Pricing on this site (got cropped) was $80. Of course they were never available.
    expbal.jpg

Hlou650

Oct 10, 2016
    I just left Redding’s Hardware in Gettysburg and they had small pistol match and small rifle match primers on their shelf. Price was $190.00 per 1k and they had about 15 boxes available.

Hlou650

Oct 10, 2016
    I agree that $190 a box is beyond ridiculous, I just picked up two boxes of CCI srp from Bass Pro for $89 a box and that is still high.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Stopped at Bass Pro on way home from Timonium show today and they still had a couple of boxes of CCi handgun primers, and also a few boxes of Rem 9.5 large rifle primers.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I found this description humorous.

WHY DO YOU NEED LARGE PISTOL PRIMERS

• Regardless of whether you own a major or little gun, primers are an absolute necessity. Reloading gun s is about accuracy and that is the thing that primers are for!
    • Its fundamental capacity is to touch off the charge powder inside the gun’s cartridge. Without primers, the slugs will be stuck in the barrel.
    • The primers has touchy parts inside the metal cap yet just a bit. When the shooting pin of the little gun hits the preliminary cap, the preparing synthetic is squashed inside the metal iron block and cap. Accordingly, the primers communicates hot gas into the glimmer opening and cartridge case. This makes the temperatures and pressing factor inside it increment, which then, at that point touches off the force powder.
    • These priming parts are normally barium nitrate, antimony sulfide, and lead stephanite. These synthetic substances cooperate to deliver warmth and gas.
    • Despite brands, all primers will unquestionably upgrade your shooting and reloading experience.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I found this description humorous.

WHY DO YOU NEED LARGE PISTOL PRIMERS

• Regardless of whether you own a major or little gun, primers are an absolute necessity. Reloading gun s is about accuracy and that is the thing that primers are for!
    • Its fundamental capacity is to touch off the charge powder inside the gun’s cartridge. Without primers, the slugs will be stuck in the barrel.
    • The primers has touchy parts inside the metal cap yet just a bit. When the shooting pin of the little gun hits the preliminary cap, the preparing synthetic is squashed inside the metal iron block and cap. Accordingly, the primers communicates hot gas into the glimmer opening and cartridge case. This makes the temperatures and pressing factor inside it increment, which then, at that point touches off the force powder.
    • These priming parts are normally barium nitrate, antimony sulfide, and lead stephanite. These synthetic substances cooperate to deliver warmth and gas.
    • Despite brands, all primers will unquestionably upgrade your shooting and reloading experience.

Clearly not written by someone whose first language was English.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Clearly not written by someone whose first language was English.

And payment method is Bitcoin. Hhhhmmm. They have something in stock no one else does at a cut rate price and only take payment in a method with no recourse. As Mr. Rogers would say, "Can you say scam? Thought you could."

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Was anyone still looking for magnum LPP ? 8cpr, low cost shipping and 0 hazmat

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom