• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I always found finishing one of these to be quite satisfying, but none so more as the Polymer80 Glock clone.

So, how many more are you contemplating? They are ... addictive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought 4.......two to screw up and two to build. Thanks to Mikita one time s screw up, the second one is completed but i had to stop halfway through, again thanks to Mikita, but it’s now GTG

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Any idea on uppers? I have a completed lower now - been thinking either grendel OR one of those can/grappling hook things...

Trouble with grappling hook - I don't have anything to grapple.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Any idea on uppers? I have a completed lower now - been thinking either grendel OR one of those can/grappling hook things...

Trouble with grappling hook - I don't have anything to grapple.

Nope not a single clue lol. I needed a project that wasn’t House related.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When the doc tells you to do something.....you do it!

Dewalt made my life easy

:lol::lol: No problems here with the Dewalt. I still tighten before every use, but no problems at all. I've done > 10. I have a few more left to do. I have a total of 23. I just kept buying them when I saw them on sale. My wife said "nobody needs 23 lowers" (in addition to the 7 functioning rifles I have). I said "you shut your commie mouth"

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    :lol::lol: No problems here with the Dewalt. I still tighten before every use, but no problems at all. I've done > 10. I have a few more left to do. I have a total of 23. I just kept buying them when I saw them on sale. My wife said "nobody needs 23 lowers" (in addition to the 7 functioning rifles I have). I said "you shut your commie mouth"

Mine said stop tracking metal shavings in the House........my black and decker duster is MONEY

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Should this thread be in the Water Cooler? ...Or even be removed?

The first rule of Fight Club...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Working on a pistol build now. Turning my spare banned 16 barrel into a 10.5 or so. Rockethub sourced upper as the host, some flavor of hand guard and iron sights.

PSA pistol lower build kit with brace: http://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...sb-tactical-sob-pistol-brace-black-39625.html

PSA freedom bolt carrier group: http://palmettostatearmory.com/free...-group-with-carpenter-158-bolt-516446915.html

eBay sourced ambi safety: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambidextro...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

eBay sourced FAB defense rubberized grip that I fell in love with at the GAOS: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mako-Group...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thinking about doing this rail combo or make something myself: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Slim-Fr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I was reading Polymer80 PF940C reviews on Brownells and a person had a problem with the trigger pins drifting out every 50 rounds. He tried Zev and Strike Industries without any success. Even had a gunsmith drill one out and had same problem.
    How do you combat this pin drifting with certainty?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah, that’s what I said. A Glock lower. Glockenspiel Glock glickity glockity Glock brand Glock not Glock brand Glock lower.

Some people think of a “Glock lower” as an AR lower that takes Glock mags, thus the previous post picturing AR anti-walk pins.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Drill hole undersized and then ream to final dimension. The trick is to use the correct size reamer.

Thank you for your reply. Makes sense - your explanation.
    You'd think Polymer80 would supply just the right size as others must be experiencing similar problems.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thank you for your reply. Makes sense - your explanation.
    You'd think Polymer80 would supply just the right size as others must be experiencing similar problems.

I tossed about 300-400 rounds though mine this weekend. I had 3 failure to feeds but 1 was the very first shot and it is tight so I’m not upset but i had zero pin drift.

I’m not 100% that is trust my life with it but that could be mental as she did great for a brand new gun that i built

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom