• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    Last night there was a segment that lasted 20 minutes discussing the evils of the "AK15s" and all the evil semi autos

krew08

Lurker.
    Feb 26, 2010
    PA
    South Carolina is moving in the right direction. Let's hope other states follow...

http://www.scnow.com/news/politics/article_78ccc94c-4972-11e2-b81d-001a4bcf6878.html

From the article:

“With a CWP, you’ve got to wonder who else has one,” Lowe said, “Any other person could be carrying one and might be able to stop the violence quicker, but what I’m hoping is it deters you from bringing the violence to the school to begin with.

Perhaps this article should get it's own thread. :)

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Last night there was a segment that lasted 20 minutes discussing the evils of the "AK15s" and all the evil semi autos

A :tipping point has been reached and Congress will do something. There is precedent and another mass killing will make an AWB irreversible. I have seen Congress at work in hearing rooms and elsewhere. With the political will there can be Change you will not enjoy if you like the AKs, etc. Amazing and intense debate. Not the most thoughtful.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/gun-laws-grew-from-dunblane-tragedy/article6504191/

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    From the article:

“With a CWP, you’ve got to wonder who else has one,” Lowe said, “Any other person could be carrying one and might be able to stop the violence quicker, but what I’m hoping is it deters you from bringing the violence to the school to begin with.
    Additionally, from a politics point of view, if more of the shall-issue states introduce this type of legislation, the anti-gunners will have to change their focus.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I will expect to see you in Annapolis next month when we get what little chance we have to be heard.

You will. If anyone else is going and wants to meet up and sit together/discuss what to say beforehand, please PM me.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Im suprised by the responses I see on this thread. Is everyone afraid to speak?

The current executive administration is getting away with a Benghazi cover-up that makes Watergate look downright transparant.

A winner was declared in a national election and no recount has occurred even though multiple counties in multiple states had over 110% of the number of registered voters voting for one of the candidates.

A giant fireball consuming the earth on 12/21 or religious prophecy being fuffilled are among the only things capable of stopping the upcoming increased firearm legislation.

You don't plan on those things happening? Then you better believe that at the absolute minimum, the reinstatement of the previous AWB will happen. More likely is expanded legislation that could affect sale, purchase, transfer, and potentially ownership of ANY semi-automatic rifle.

Obama's NDAA2012 killed 4A and Exec Order of 7/6/12 killed part of 1A (freedom of press/internet killswitch). Do you truly believe that the administration does not have the desire and ability to enact legislation that severely infringes on 2A?

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Im suprised by the responses I see on this thread. Is everyone afraid to speak?

The current executive administration is getting away with a Benghazi cover-up that makes Watergate look downright transparant.

A winner was declared in a national election and no recount has occurred even though multiple counties in multiple states had over 110% of the number of registered voters voting for one of the candidates.

A giant fireball consuming the earth on 12/21 or religious prophecy being fuffilled are among the only things capable of stopping the upcoming increased firearm legislation.

You don't plan on those things happening? Then you better believe that at the absolute minimum, the reinstatement of the previous AWB will happen. More likely is expanded legislation that could affect sale, purchase, transfer, and potentially ownership of ANY semi-automatic rifle.

Obama's NDAA2012 killed 4A and Exec Order of 7/6/12 killed part of 1A (freedom of press/internet killswitch). Do you truly believe that the administration does not have the desire and ability to enact legislation that severely infringes on 2A?

Oh we ALL KNOW it is coming. Remember, never let a perfectly good emergency go to waste. They will legislate and legislate and legislate. There is a WHOLE RIVER OF POOH coming for us. I doubt anyone here thinks the liberals will not use this tragedy to force thier will upon us. Nothing we can do right now will stop it.

All we can do is dig out of it piece by piece with professionalism and patience. We must support our prize fighters like them or not. The NRA, 2A Foundation and so on with more cold hard cash than ever before, and I am talking money bomb amounts of cash, REALLY giving until it hurts. We also need to become overly active on the campaign scene and populate the government with rational thinking people.

Sounds like a lot of work doesn't it? Well, it is but it is the only way to remain free.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    InstaPundit asks the right questions

Glenn Reynolds, distinguished professor of Law at the University of Tennessee asks ...

SO IF WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A “NATIONAL CONVERSATION ON GUNS,” HERE ARE SOME OPENERS:

Especially these two:

When you say you hope that this event will finally change the debate, do you really mean that you hope you can use emotionalism and blood-libel-bullying to get your way on political issues that were losers in the past?
    If you’re a media member or politician, do you have armed security? Do you have a permit for a gun yourself? (I’m asking you Dianne Feinstein!) If so, what makes your life more valuable than other people’s?

Hypocracy thy names are all liberals.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Here is a given, there will be legislation and it will almost certainly be some form of an AW ban. No NRA or Annapolis marching is going to stop some level of new controls. Most likely AW and whatever they consider too many rounds in a magazine. However, as much as that may not be desirable, it will be a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon from "...destroying the 2A to the point of black powder being all that's left". I have no doubts about that.

I believe all we can do is argue for limiting the degree to which certain arms are constrained. I also think the antis will be just as upset with the legislation as gun owners might be, when its all over.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Here's where we need to steer every gun ban conversation:

What is the purpose of magazine capacity bans?

Have states that have enacted magazine cap bans seen any reduction in crime because of it? (No)

So what is the point of a magazine capacity ban?

What is the purpose of gun bans? (Get them to agree that it's to reduce violent crime)

Do countries (or states) see a reduction in violent crime after implementing stricter gun control measures?

Is it possible that civilian firearm ownership levels don't have anything to do with violent crime levels?

Can you show me anywhere that gun bans have worked? (If they say Japan, bring up how South Korea has also banned guns, but has a very high violent crime rate)

Do the countries with the highest gun crime rates have strict or lax gun control? (Bans mostly)

Was there a drop in crime when the first assault weapon ban was implemented, and was there a rise when it expired?

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Here's where we need to steer every gun ban conversation:

What is the purpose of magazine capacity bans?

Have states that have enacted magazine cap bans seen any reduction in crime because of it? (No)

So what is the point of a magazine capacity ban?

What is the purpose of gun bans? (Get them to agree that it's to reduce violent crime)

Do countries (or states) see a reduction in violent crime after implementing stricter gun control measures?

Is it possible that civilian firearm ownership levels don't have anything to do with violent crime levels?

Can you show me anywhere that gun bans have worked? (If they say Japan, bring up how South Korea has also banned guns, but has a very high violent crime rate)

Do the countries with the highest gun crime rates have strict or lax gun control? (Bans mostly)

Was there a drop in crime when the first assault weapon ban was implemented, and was there a rise when it expired?

These questions need to be presented to the GA in Annapolis when the gun ban bills come up.

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    I am more concerned about executive orders comprosing a new AWB than a actual AWB getting through congress.

If Obama is serious, he will bypass congress, again. If he's not he will make a lot of rhetoric and it will die in debates as the next news story eats all the media attention.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Next time someones says "We need to do it for the children."
    Tell them where is that pro-life legislation they were talking about?
    That's right, not there.. Tell them to put up or shut up.
    If they would have banned abortions for one F'ing day they would have saved 4000 innocent lives. Ban pools, that is a few more thousand there.
    I can go on and on if it is a numbers game they want to play.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ann Coulter NAILS it

HumanEvents.com - Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quoting John Lott's and William Landes' seminal study on multiple victim public shootings. Citing that waiting periods and background checks for guns, the death penalty and increased penalties for committing a crime with a gun, that none of these policies had any effect on the frequency of, or carnage from, but one public policy has ever been shown to reduce the death rate from such crimes ...

Concealed-carry laws.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We are not losing out of the gate. We are watching. We are letting the irrational feelings born out of grief burn out. We have to be ready to make a stand against those in Annapolis. They have no doubt been waiting for years to exploit such a tragedy. We need to make a huge showing in Annapolis when they have the hearings for this bill. I will be there. It is a huge inconvenience for me to take a day off on relatively short notice. If I can do it, everyone reading this can do it. If anyone needs a ride to Annapolis from Harford County on the day of the hearings, let me know.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    Kilroy - do you have references or statistics to back that stuff up? One place it seems we are falling short is in the realm of concise, coordinated documentation. Washington Post is posting numbers that are opposite to what my OpenOffice spreadsheets are showing me, but my spreadsheets have no credibility compared to WP.

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    Kilroy - do you have references or statistics to back that stuff up? One place it seems we are falling short is in the realm of concise, coordinated documentation. Washington Post is posting numbers that are opposite to what my OpenOffice spreadsheets are showing me, but my spreadsheets have no credibility compared to WP.

I'm not Kilroy but there is this:

http://www.gunfacts.info/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom