• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    And the frenzy begins!!!

Based on the posts on several threads tonight...looks like a BOATLOAD of y'all received your C&R's today.
    Congrats to those who signed their own name in #15!

Unless the process has changed, you DO NOT have to get your own personal and 'just for YOU' C&R application signed by anyone else: the CLEO, your wife, your firstborn, your dog or O'bleep' do NOT have to sign it, you do before you submit it.

It's been said many times, but...DON'T SIGN THE ORIGINAL of your License!!!

Darn, for those who may have messed up, please read the primers on C&R apps. Here's one of many:
    http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

Not an expert, just read the stuff many times.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    And the frenzy begins!!!

Based on the posts on several threads tonight...looks like a BOATLOAD of y'all received your C&R's today.
    Congrats to those who signed their own name in #15!

Unless the process has changed, you DO NOT have to get your own personal and 'just for YOU' C&R application signed by anyone else: the CLEO, your wife, your firstborn, your dog or O'bleep' do NOT have to sign it, you do before you submit it.

It's been said many times, but...DON'T SIGN THE ORIGINAL of your License!!!

Darn, for those who may have messed up, please read the primers on C&R apps. Here's one of many:
    http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

Not an expert, just read the stuff many times.

:bowdown: :bowdown: you said it perfectly

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Did anyone else have an Interesting chat with their CLEO (County Sheriff). They were like "huh, what, we don't have a firearms division, thats the maryland state police..."

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Did anyone else have an Interesting chat with their CLEO (County Sheriff). They were like "huh, what, we don't have a firearms division, thats the maryland state police..."

I didn't have a convo with anyone. I just dropped mine in the mail with a hey how ya doin note

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yep, I left him a "hi - how you doing, this is what you do" letter. even pointed out the section he's to look at on the form with a sticky note.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I've heard stories from some places in other states where the CLEO sent it back to the person who sent it to them saying they can't approve it. It happens enough that people suggest a cover letter explaining to them they have to do nothing in case they can't read the application copy.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    I've heard stories from some places in other states where the CLEO sent it back to the person who sent it to them saying they can't approve it. It happens enough that people suggest a cover letter explaining to them they have to do nothing in case they can't read the application copy.

I believe I sent mine in to the Charles county sheriff with no cover letter and had no problem whatsoever.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I believe I sent mine in to the Charles county sheriff with no cover letter and had no problem whatsoever.

It has been so long since I heard of it happening I forgot to tell people about a cover letter.
    On my renewal I sent a copy to my local CLEO this time and I don't remember sending one either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom