ATF to Issue New Ruling on Monday regarding New Restrictions on Shotgun Importation

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Because it's cheap and has an available 20 round drum... that's all.

I've seen drums on some rifles at gun shows and they hold a lot more than 20 rounds. Maybe ATF wants to make a statement to the Russians by banning some imports - probably political in nature.

Voodoods

Jun 19, 2008
    Hagerstown
    Any for sale?

This was going to be my next purchase anyway. I saw one person mention that they can't get them in. Does anyone have them at this point? And what is the going price?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would argue that the 2A does not protect sporting guns. The purpose was to make sure the citizenry was well armed in order to keep the government honest. In the Miller case, (1920's ??). IIRC, Miller argued that he could have a sawed off shotgun because of the 2A. The court ruled that a sawed off shotgun served no military purpose. Using this as precedent, one can surmise that military weapons should be protected. An assault shotgun would be most useful....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    +1

I would argue that the 2A does not protect sporting guns. The purpose was to make sure the citizenry was well armed in order to keep the government honest. In the Miller case, (1920's ??). IIRC, Miller argued that he could have a sawed off shotgun because of the 2A. The court ruled that a sawed off shotgun served no military purpose. Using this as precedent, one can surmise that military weapons should be protected. An assault shotgun would be most useful....

In the simplest of terms, you are spot on, but ...

This is why liberals and the gov'ment try to frame the discussion in terms of WHAT 2A protects, instead of WHO it protects ... and from WHOM.

My little disertation was aimed at beating them at their own game by questioning the logic, legality, and fiction in their thought process.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Inigoes, thank you. {No vid streaming at work.}

We need to post this every time someone spreads those "negative waves, man".

Gotta have a little faith.

Last edited:

LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    PEOPLE,

Please be aware and fully understand that the commenting on this item is NOT to determine what is a legitimate sporting purpose of a shotgun.

The comments are to gauge WHAT IS THE LARGEST POLITICALLY ACCEPTABLE CHUNK THEY CAN REMOVED FROM THE 2ND AMENDMENT without significant backlash.

They have already decided they are going to try to do something. They SIMPLY want to figure out what the public will not destroy them for. When they originally began drafting this study, they had JUST submitted their budget requests and NEED TO JUSTIFY THEIR SUBMISSION.

Figuring out the largest chunk will justify their budget in the largest capacity possible while still keeping "we the people" subdued enough to let it slide.

The best thing you can do FOR NOW is let them know this, as little as it's going to do. You can write to the ATF shotgun study directly by using this email.

shotgunstudy@atf.gov

My apologies for not reading the entire twenty pages of this thread.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    OK Sports Fans .....

On Friday, the President signed “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills” into law.

Why should you take note of this? Because in a little noticed section, that has passed completely under the radar of just about everyone, is this little gem:

SEC. 541. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if–
    (1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and
    (2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

Read more about it here: http://www.ammoland.com/2011/11/19/little-noticed-provision-kills-atf-shotgun-ban-plans/

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    OK Sports Fans .....

On Friday, the President signed “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills” into law.

Why should you take note of this? Because in a little noticed section, that has passed completely under the radar of just about everyone, is this little gem:

SEC. 541. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if–
    (1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and
    (2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

Read more about it here: http://www.ammoland.com/2011/11/19/little-noticed-provision-kills-atf-shotgun-ban-plans/

I like it!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    so you think this will finally bring saiga's back down in price?

Dunno, I do know that I was right about comments not mattering one f'ing bit to the ATF... They decided that shotguns with any 1 feature were not sporting...

I have a big bag of F/U for those clowns. (I'm talking about the bureau-rats and policy wonks, not worker bee's)

I'd like to see the next administration put someone in who will undue most of the rulings.

I'd volunteer for the job... want to see a whole bunch of BS rulings go... I'd review them all and the sucky ones would be out the door tomorrow.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Got a message the other day from the NRA about. Perhaps now I'll be able afford one! I wonder how many people in the Brady bunch are throwing temper tantrums about this :D

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    so you think this will finally bring saiga's back down in price?

Until next year. It's only a one-year (de)authorization. But if Obama loses re-election and/or the Republicans gain Congressional seats, then things will quiet down. Otherwise...

Gold/Silver are commodities that trade on the whims of man. Unfortunate that the trade of our civil rights does the same to guns, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom