• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I wanna know what was sold. I have a feeling this could be a situation of a Non-HBAR AR was sold according to them and the debate revolves around the type of barrel.

I have the feeling that the whole thing was made up to spoil the Christmas shopping season.

attachment.php

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I think its VERY possible that the gun was in a legal configuration when it was sold by the MD FFL and the end user changed it to a banned configuration.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have the feeling that the whole thing was made up to spoil the Christmas shopping season.

attachment.php

A more accurate image of the current status of gun owners in Maryland would have been an image of the slave auction at the Annapolis docks.:sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Interesting. According to that bulletin, to be banned, if it is not named, it has to have "completely interchangeable internal components" AND be "cosmetically similar."

So if it doesn't look like a named banned firearm, it doesn't matter if all the parts are interchangeable, it is OK.

BIG HOLE HERE.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Interesting. According to that bulletin, to be banned, if it is not named, it has to have "completely interchangeable internal components" AND be "cosmetically similar."

So if it doesn't look like a named banned firearm, it doesn't matter if all the parts are interchangeable, it is OK.

BIG HOLE HERE.

From what I saw it doesn't matter if it is cosmetic similar. They don't make you fill out the banned form just because it looks similar to a banned weapons.

To be considered a copycat the internal parts tjat make it fiction have to be interchangeable.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Has anybody been charged and or prosecuted under FSA 2013? I am aware of the thing with the WV FFL, but other than that...

They didn't say they charged or prosecuted anybody in that memo. Just that it was discovered in an investigation.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Has anybody been charged and or prosecuted under FSA 2013? I am aware of the thing with the WV FFL, but other than that...

They didn't say they charged or prosecuted anybody in that memo. Just that it was discovered in an investigation.

Dunno - why not shoot them an email and ask them? I'm sure they'll get right back to you. :lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads