• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Forgive me if this has been asked before. I couldn't find any answer to this when I searched.

------------------------------------------------

I am planning on going to the AGC Range tomorrow to join the Garrison Rifle and Revolver Club. After joining, and doing the walkthrough, I will be able to buy my range badge and then shoot.

My question is this:

Can I leave a handgun (in an enclosed case) in the trunk of my car while doing the paperwork and walkthrough so that I can then go back to my car and shoot with my new range badge? Is it breaking any laws to leave it unattended in a locked trunk?
    I know it's not an issue with long guns, but hand guns seem to be treated special.

Thanks in advance for your input!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Transporting your gun to and from the range is legal so I'd say your fine as long as it's unloaded and in an enclosed case or holster.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Forgive me if this has been asked before. I couldn't find any answer to this when I searched.

I am planning on going to the AGC Range tomorrow to join the Garrison Rifle and Revolver Club. After joining, and doing the walkthrough, I will be able to buy my range badge and then shoot.

My question is this:

Can I leave a handgun (in an enclosed case) in the trunk of my car while doing the paperwork and walkthrough so that I can then go back to my car and shoot with my new range badge? Is it breaking any laws to leave it unattended in a locked trunk?
    I know it's not an issue with long guns, but hand guns seem to be treated special.

I've never heard of such a law.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Be prepared with a piece of cardboard for the pistol range target frame.

I'm thinking 27 1/2" square? But I'm not 100% sure

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

My question is this:

BRRRRRRRRR............ Gonna be cold tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom