• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    So far in the last 2 days Aim and Natchez has had their sights in an almost constant state of crashing because they have gotten stock in... Aim today got magpul 30rndrs and yesterday Natchez got in 55gn fmj projectials only and today some 45acp.. Dispite restrictions they are selling out in less than a few hours... Is it really that bad that we all need to panic? I mean damn. one thing says wait a month or 2 but at current rates I doubt it. Its even worse than 2008

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    AWB or not, I can't see ammo being a big issue. I don't know why everyone is panicking and hoarding. I mean even. 22 again? Give me a break, that is not on anyone's hit list for God's sake.

MFoucault

Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    It is quite ridiculous. .22 .40 9mm no one has anything in stock, online or retailers. Where is everyone hiding it? Here's to hoping everything goes back to normal in a few months

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    It is quite ridiculous. .22 .40 9mm no one has anything in stock, online or retailers. Where is everyone hiding it? Here's to hoping everything goes back to normal in a few months

I'm guilty of stocking up, why you ask? Because I recognized the frenzy was growing and wanted to continue to go to the range. I now am supplied for quite some time, while those who didn't stock up can't. What is so unreasonable about that?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I topped off everything and raised my old "minimum ammo on hand" level up a notch. The same reason I stock up before a storm - the worse the storm prediction the more stuff goes in the pantry. I see the possibility of a storm on the horizon.

Rejected amendments of NY gun law

Here’s the list McLaughlin posted that he says he received from a colleague and notes it is not confidential:

Confiscation of “assault weapons”
    Confiscation [of] ten round clips
    Statewide database for ALL Guns
    Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
    Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
    Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
    Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
    Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
    Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
    Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
    State issued pistol permits
    Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
    Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
    Mandatory locking of guns at home
    Fee for licensing, registering weapons

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    So far in the last 2 days Aim and Natchez has had their sights in an almost constant state of crashing because they have gotten stock in... Aim today got magpul 30rndrs and yesterday Natchez got in 55gn fmj projectials only and today some 45acp.. Dispite restrictions they are selling out in less than a few hours... Is it really that bad that we all need to panic? I mean damn. one thing says wait a month or 2 but at current rates I doubt it. Its even worse than 2008

In my case I recently started shotting and bought around 6000 rounds of .22 ammo before they disappeared off the shelfs. The problem is I shot between 200 and 300 a week. So my supply is going down. I am sitting on around 4000 rounds right now but that is only a few months supply.

Thanks
    Robert

newmike2

as we sit here and type, there are dozens if not hundreds of liberal politicians across the country scheming on ways to make it damn near impossible to enjoy the shooting sports. Limiting the purchasing of ammo, tagging bullets with expensive coding, requiring registration of ammunition purchases and the elimination of online sales of ammunition.
    This is just for starters.
    They might not be able to confiscate guns, yet, but they will make it difficult to use them.

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    In my case I recently started shotting and bought around 6000 rounds of .22 ammo before they disappeared off the shelfs. The problem is I shot between 200 and 300 a week. So my supply is going down. I am sitting on around 4000 rounds right now but that is only a few months supply.

Thanks
    Robert

I'm in the same situation. Those .22's gets used up fast and my other calibers are too expensive to shoot for now (for me at least)..

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Yep ,,, this shows how greedy people can be ,,, there is an ar-15 I'm the classifieds for $5000 ,,,, are you serious ? I hope someone drops it , with much cosmetic damage and then walks away ...., what an ******* ...

Not just an AR-15 but a Fulton Armory 20" HBAR. That ones off "the chart," and at least on par with Bushmaster and CMMG. And it looks just like a full-auto Colt AR, which go for like $20,000 so this is clearly a steal.

To be fair, I'm sure he is like the guy who posted the $300 A2 hand grip and just having a gas, although it is cash and carry here in MD...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yep ,,, this shows how greedy people can be ,,, there is an ar-15 I'm the classifieds for $5000 ,,,, are you serious ? I hope someone drops it , with much cosmetic damage and then walks away ...., what an ******* ...

Price is lowered to $3,500. Likely due to the fact that someone else just listed a M&P-15 for $1,700 not long after it.

I can't break his balls too much though, he's got by far the coolest avatar I've seen here.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    The ammo will eventually come back. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it right now. It is smarter to spend money on hardware (guns, magazines, etc). That is what is going to be affected most by the proposed legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom