• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No need to buy a "book". An electronic spreadsheet with appropriate formatting is perfectly acceptable. Just print out pages as you add entries.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    So maybe I'm missing something here, but...forgive me for being dense and slow on the pickup.

If I let it expire, then "dispose of my book" as I see fit, then reapply, what is the status of my collection from the previous BB? And why not just keep everything in the BB?

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Just a follow up FYI - I ended up putting N/A in the hours of operation, and received my renewed C&R FFL yesterday. So N/A worked for me.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If I let it expire, then "dispose of my book" as I see fit, then reapply, what is the status of my collection from the previous BB? And why not just keep everything in the BB?

The collection becomes yours free and clear of the former bound book.

ATF will probably ream you a new one in an audit if your book contains entries that are invalid for your new (non-carryover) license. Never go ad hoc. Follow the regulations strictly.

What happens if they audit you and your bound book was lost in a boating accident?

You risk losing your freedom and non-disqualified status.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I have a similar question but a little different i have to renew soon and i also recently moved how do i go about this. Sorry to thread jack but i figured i could get an answer here.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just learned something. So if you don't renew you can toss the book in the trash?

Personally I wouldn't do that because for me and MSP it's a record of where I got these things. However I had no idea about that. I only keep it around in case I see a nice older Ruger and I am at some point going to get a Mosin Sniper and a Enfield........otherwise I have no interest in C&R

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Yes, can discard the book immediately upon expiration if you wish. I'm you you. Keeping it for my permanent private records.

Your C&R list is way too short. :) The C&R bug will bite you hard sooner or later. Way too much cool old stuff out there. You NEED a nice Mosin M44 and Russian or Chinese SKS. Then there's all the military handguns. Once you buy the first one, the light bulb should switch on.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    ATF is wise to people renewing shortly after the old license expires (to dispose of records) and those people are getting audited at high rates.
    Do we have any actual proof of this or is it just an old wive's tale?
    I think it's the latter because they would often be auditing empty bound books.
    The people in government love to waste our money, but they don't like to waste their time.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Hello all,

I've been following the C & R forums for a few years now under this alias and as a member of the Maryland Democratic Committee and personal friend of Attorney General-elect Frosh, I'm concerned that what you've highlighted here is a massive loophole in the law which allows unregistered guns to circulate freely in the state of Maryland.

I will bring this to the attention of the proper authorities immediately. This must be stopped for the children!

Thanks,

Ima Spy

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Do we have any actual proof of this or is it just an old wive's tale?
    I think it's the latter because they would often be auditing empty bound books.
    The people in government love to waste our money, but they don't like to waste their time.

Sounds like you've decided on your own. Try it and find out. Chances are nothing will happen. But maybe you'll get the short straw. There are only so many auditors with so many hours each day. You've got the logic somewhat backwards. ATF is watching for people who use the license period to stock up on a large C&R inventory in order to sell it off the radar as a de facto dealer when the license expires. The audits in question are to track down who's doing it and to make sure sales are legal and not continuing off the books when the new license is issued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom