• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yes, they SAID $20... we ran some numbers recently and it really is closer to $5.

Not arguing... but the PTB are just raping folks for the heck of it.

That card doesn't even look like it's worth $3.00. It goes without saying, but that's just criminal.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I submitted at 14:48 yesterday, when I checked at 21:00, everything but MVA Photo, Livescan and DHMH was done.

At 9:16 today all was done but DHMH.

As of 17:00 today still was waiting on DHMH, but now at 18:35 all are complete:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 6.33.12 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 6.33.12 PM.png
      6.3 KB · Views: 378

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    all review items 100% complete (admittedly impressed), just waiting for actual issue - I imagine a number will be mailed out before the hearing on Tuesday so Mr. Matthew Fader won't have to eat crow?

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Was printed yesterday at 1130, submitted my app last night at 1800, and as of 1900 tonight all items are complete. Hopefully the final phases will move along quickly.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Looks like its moving along pretty good for everyone. I done the prints and app today at 3:00 wonder if they do anything over the weekend?

:popcorn:

AFAIK many of the paper 77r's filled out "way back when" may be still in limbo. But our online HQL apps can be "almost" completed within hours?

Hmmmmm...

:rolleyes:

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I have everything listed as complete. Livescan is the only thing incomplete. I know why it is and I tired to call licensing division today and it just kept ringing and ringing. All this ******** bc nobody in my area has the correct software to send the livescan to the correct number and reas

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have to have our consent to check with Department of mental health and hygiene?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have to have our consent to check with Department of mental health and hygiene?

It's one of the forms you sign when you purchase a regulated firearm...

but you raise a VERY interesting point............

What about a first-time handgun purchaser, never having bought a regulated anything...

Are they still doing DHMH checks "just cuz"?!?!?!

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware

What about a first-time handgun purchaser, never having bought a regulated anything...

That's what I was thinking. It does not apply to me as I have not revoked my authorization but for somebody who has not filled out a 77r within the past year or has revoked consent it seems wrong that they can just look whenever they want. I guess that why I had to put my social security number to create the login account

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

That's a very good point. That was always a part of the Regulated Transfer form packet. There was nowhere on the HQL app I recall that gave my permission to do a DHMH check. Very interesting.

How about these "little" issues:

-> The app "requires" a DL#. What if you don't drive? How many folks are disenfranchised because of that? Maybe a State issued ID would suffice, but wouldn't getting that be a burden to some folks? I s'pose if you don't need an ID to vote...no biggie. :rolleyes:

-> You can only do the HQL app online. What about folks who don't have internet access? Aren't they disenfranchised? Oh, I forgot...Algory invented the internet and Obummer gave everyone free access. Silly me. :rolleyes:

-> One must have a CC to pay the $50 fee with the online app. Aren't the folks who don't use CC's disenfranchised? And what about the low income folks who really need that $50 to feed their kids? It's all about the children, right? Oh. I forgot...that's where food stamps come into play. :innocent0

What a big pile of smelly shite this whole thing is...

:sad20:

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    These are all (well, the DHMH is new) questions that are being looked into.

The whole thing stinks on ice, and I will not be putting anything in for some time.

I'm with Mr. H. I'm gonna let this whole HQL cluster play out a bit and just shoot what I have...for now. Part of me says F Maryland and its BS HQL...but if I do that, they win...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom