Since DC dropped reason to carry, will Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    oops, time for me to watch that movie again !
    Get Neidermier to rent it for you. He's a sneaky little shiit.

th

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is a fundamental problem with both forced shall issue and national reciprocity. This is the fact that each state can pass laws to limit local legality of possession and essentially make more and more places gun free zones. If they were to make local parks, doctors offices, children's play area etc gun free zones, your right to carry would be heavily restricted and put all law abiding carriers to be at risk of violating the law just by walking down the street. Baltimore has already introduced law to do this.

Good. then the same restrictions apply to the "ruling class" as to the serfs.

see how the chosen few like it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Maryland general assembly will double down, next year it the new standard will be 'REALLY REALLY good and REALLY REALLY substantial'. rationale from Animal House, DOUBLE secret probation, will be used as the model.

That’s double secret probation

We tend to get double everything in Maryland. We're supposed to get due process, but instead we get doo doo process. :mad54:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Md will go Shall Issue exactly as DC did - When forced by Federal court, and take their time to " study the ruling, and draft new procedures " .

Maryland, or any other May Issue jurisdiction, doesn't need any justification to go Shall Issue , they are already free to do so any time .

Multiple Shall Issue Bills get introduced every session, ranging from changing * One Word * to 'Murica style , and everything inbetween. None leave the Committee .

If we look to the experience of various states as they legislatively went Shall Issue, it waa indeed common that when the Anti's saw passage was inevitable, they they loaded on TPM restrictions.

BUT , as large numbers of * Constituents began carrying, and saw first hand how pointless, and hassle many of them were , large numbers of them complained to their Representatives, who could read numbers . And usually the restrictions would be easied gradually over the next 2-5 yrs .

J1911

Aug 27, 2014
    SoMD
    I am not a pessimist by nature, but MD will only go "shall issue" when they are forced to by the Supreme Court and not an instant before.

Even then, they will find ways to delay processing of new or renewed permits, impose ridiculous "safety" requirements etc.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sort of. It's not quite that simple. Legally speaking, the DC ruling has no impact on Maryland, because Maryland isn't in the same Circuit for Court of Appeals as DC is.

Maryland, which is in the 4th Circuit, has the controlling precedent set in the Woollard case which held Maryland's system of ok.

You could use the DC case to say "Look what other circuits are doing" but they could just as easily say "Good for them, we don't agree with them."

What REALLY upsets me is that an activist jerk Judge in Hawaii can stop immigration control in it's tracks nationwide (what, three times now), but the same can't be done for Shall Issue. I mean REAL Shall Issue, not the Bullsh1t MD "shall maybe issue if I feel like it and you invest enough time and cash".

:mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There is a fundamental problem with both forced shall issue and national reciprocity. This is the fact that each state can pass laws to limit local legality of possession and essentially make more and more places gun free zones. If they were to make local parks, doctors offices, children's play area etc gun free zones, your right to carry would be heavily restricted and put all law abiding carriers to be at risk of violating the law just by walking down the street. Baltimore has already introduced law to do this.

^^^This is precisely what would take place.^^^

The whole of Maryland would become a restricted area.

National Reciprocity would bring with it cases of BGOS/BCCWS like no one here has ever seen before.

Cases so severe that people will no longer have the desire to ask..... What's an HBAR.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What REALLY upsets me is that an activist jerk Judge in Hawaii can stop immigration control in it's tracks nationwide (what, three times now), but the same can't be done for Shall Issue. I mean REAL Shall Issue, not the Bullsh1t MD "shall maybe issue if I feel like it and you invest enough time and cash".

:mad54:

Apples and Oranges though.

Immigration is a single, national law.

Concealed Carry laws are individual state-level laws.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Actually, we know what will happen under national reciprocity. NY and CA are microcosms, each county issues permits valid for the whole state. This has not forced any county to issue permits just because their upstate brethren can get one.

National Reciprocity will not change a thing until states are forced shall-issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom