• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'd recommend against trying to get an 03/03A3 at Nations. Prices tend to be on the high or ridiculous end. You're better off going to the Baltimore Antique Arms show. I saw lots of good deals on 03's and 03A3's when I was there.

You can probably still run into a deal though. If not, there's a large seller of USGI firearms on the far right as you enter, in front of the food court.

If you want to build your own, Gibbs Rifle Company has a bunch of restored drill rifle receivers with bolts. I think they were $120 last time.

You should find one there.
    There is a guy that has been setting up a single table on the right as you walk in. Close to the side of the food counter. Don't recall the name but will sell to MD residents. I got my 1903a3 from him and had talked to him at past shows. He'll have some Walther P38s and maybe Luger. When I got my 1903a3 he had some decent ones, a beater (worn down muzzle) and a nice Smith Corona (I bought that one). He had some 1903's as well. I walked half the show and saw more 1903a3's then came back. Finished the show and I still got a good rifle and a good deal. I had a bore light and muzzle gauge with me cause I was looking for something accurate (and it is!). Even the 2nd and 3rd choices for me were good bores. I recall $700-$750 last spring would get a good 1903a3 in decent shape. The beater was $595. I bet that beater though, saw a lot of action in the field.

Good Luck.

That's Buzz. He's actually from Silver Spring. His prices are very reasonable.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Chantilly Show?

Is today's Chantilly show the one they are talking about here?

Wondering how big it is? How are the prices?

I'm still debating if its worth running all the way down to Dulles.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

It's the biggest show in the whole area and it's definitely worth going to.
    Prices are ok, every vendor sets their own prices. Takes me more than two hours to walk the entire show.
    www.thenationsgunshow.com

juggernaut

Mar 3, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, it is the Chantilly show. I went yesterday after work and spent about 5 hours there. It is good show. Firearms old and new, lots of hi-cap mags, ammo, reloading gear, knives and swords. Prices are fair to good, depends. Well worth the time to drive there. I left with a big smile on my face, and some other things.......

Last edited:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I've heard the radio ad on WMAL twice now past two days and towards the end of the radio spot I COULD SWEAR they said

"Buy just about anything except guns or ammo"

Is it time to get my hearing checked?

Better get those ears checked, I came home with a full can of M2 ball.

SNI and I went for a few hours today, just got home an hour ago. Biggest show in the area, prices from good to stupid like all shows. There were deals to be had on most common mags, .223/5.56 ammo, .308/7.62 NATO ammo, 9mm and .45ACP ammo as well.

Be wary of all the Chinese airsoft "AR" crap, there was a ton of it.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Better get those ears checked, I came home with a full can of M2 ball.

SNI and I went for a few hours today, just got home an hour ago. Biggest show in the area, prices from good to stupid like all shows. There were deals to be had on most common mags, .223/5.56 ammo, .308/7.62 NATO ammo, 9mm and .45ACP ammo as well.

Be wary of all the Chinese airsoft "AR" crap, there was a ton of it.

So, whats a good price for 5.56 ammo? Building my first AR and haven't really looked at ammo prices.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Was there today for about 5 hours with some friends and I found some of what I was looking for. Garand enbloc's used for $1.75 each which I thought was a great price as I got a few. Got some ammo also for the Garand & pmags for my AR. Did see GI & Colt AR15 mags as cheep as $7 each used & most had deals if purchased multiple. Seen .223 $300 for a case 1000 which wasn't bad but not great either, can't remeber the brand right now. Ammo prices were about normal for shows I thought and could do better online in most cases.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Garand enbloc's used for $1.75 each which I thought was a great price as I got a few.

:eek:
    I remember when people used to have bins of those for a quarter a piece not all that long ago. Guess I need a few more before they hit $2 haha

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    :eek:
    I remember when people used to have bins of those for a quarter a piece not all that long ago. Guess I need a few more before they hit $2 haha

I've seen unissued SA ones go for $5 each on Ebay for a set of six.

The CMP is the best place for en blocs. You can get 25 new made ones for $20. They're made by Aggressive Engineering, the company that made the last USGI contract in the 1980's. Other than that, the CMP Forum is the best place. People sell used USGI clips for $1 sometimes.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    These were the cheapest I seen as most everyone else had them $3 and up each. Some had deals if you purchased multiple but I don't remember the specifics.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    So, whats a good price for 5.56 ammo? Building my first AR and haven't really looked at ammo prices.

$.30/round or less for brass cased. You usually have to buy a case of 500 or 1000 to get it.

Anyone see Glock mags for a good price?

I didn't look at Glock mags but the folks on the back wall with the huge mag set up had a bunch. Even if it's retail you can get what you want in VA and bring it home, you can't do that here.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    First time I have been to Chantilly in about a year and a half. Usual parking lot cluster F.

Overall it exceeded expectations, decent supply of parts, ammo etc. Prices have definitely moderated and there were some deals if your stock on common calibers is running low.

Long arm selection, beyond the high buck collector places, wasn't great. Saw a few interesting items but not a huge amount.

Ended up bringing home a K31 in really nice condition, no troop tag but decent. Got it $270 cash total, not a steal but very decent price given current market conditions.

I did see about 3 or 4 rearsenaled Russian SKS's at $399 really not bad at current market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom