• ...and so much more!
  • blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I don't know... Normally when I see someone with a "this crap doesn't work" type of video they haven't followed the instructions properly. I'll reserve judgement until I see it for myself.

But if it does actually last a decent amount of time I would certainly cover my hiking boots, bug out bag, ball cap, and the like.

Pretty much all your camping gear like your tent and chairs.

From an industrial standpoint the options are wide open. Treating the studs and drywall in your basement could make floods much less of a headache. Bridges would last a bit longer if they weren't worried about rust.

If it works like they show it, it could be a real game changer. Or a total flop.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    I agree, most "this doesn't work" reviews are a product of not following the directions. Things like ignoring that it should sit for 12 hours before being touched can dramatically change how effective it is. Regardless, I bought one and I'm going to try it out as soon as I get a chance. So I will report my results back when I get that chance.

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Thanks for the tip. A friend of mine has been looking for something to use on his lawn tractor cutting deck to stop the grass from sticking. This may just do the trick.

so i tried this on my lawnmower and had much the same results as the guy with the mags vid

went on nice and water rolled right off at first but it had worn off by the time i finished the lawn.

in the products defense, the direction do encourage a thorough cleaning of what you plan on coating beforehand and i had a heck of a time trying to get my lawnmower deck clean.

i'm still going to try it on a few other things like a hat, jacket and gear bag but they also caution that it will look cloudy and feel chalky on a lot of fabrics.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    so i tried this on my lawnmower and had much the same results as the guy with the mags vid

went on nice and water rolled right off at first but it had worn off by the time i finished the lawn.

in the products defense, the direction do encourage a thorough cleaning of what you plan on coating beforehand and i had a heck of a time trying to get my lawnmower deck clean.

i'm still going to try it on a few other things like a hat, jacket and gear bag but they also caution that it will look cloudy and feel chalky on a lot of fabrics.

I have been told to use cooking spray on lawnmower deck and blade. It doesn't prevent the sticking but it makes it much easier to clean.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    LOL. The guy in the video is pissed off that dish soap breaks down the hydrophobic capabilities. Well dish soap is a detergent... Obviously it will break down the product.

Yeah, since the package says that detergent will remove the product that part of the test seems pretty unfair.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Yeah, this stuff didn't do well with my lawnmower situation either. I sprayed it inside of my push mower in an attempt to get less grass sticking to the ejection port (it clogs constantly). It worked for about one row of grass, which could mean it didn't work at all. Again though as Waz pointed out, I couldn't get it perfectly clean, so maybe that plays a role. I don't think grass slinging across it constantly is really a good test either. :-/ I'm still trying to think of other practical uses for it. Still haven't had a chance to spray my rims with it.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I was skeptical but something that cant gey wet with a nano coating is possible maybe just not neverwet cheap or easy yet it will be something standard on all the plastic guns of the futue we build in our basements eith 3D printers hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom