msp1.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 4,236
    • msp2.jpg
      msp2.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 4,129
    • msp3.jpg
      msp3.jpg
      19.7 KB · Views: 4,002
    • LD-FRU-16-004++Maryland%27s+Licensed+Firearms+Dealers+-+Licensing+Portal+Email+Update+%281%29.pdf
      106.6 KB · Views: 580

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    huh?

fill out the eform-wait 7 days.

get your gun.

I assume the poster means that if you type up your personal info on the 77R portal, then next time your given a chance to review/update your 77R info without having to re-type all the stuff.

I'm not sure if that's how it works or not, but I get sick of filling out all that paperwork.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I assume the poster means that if you type up your personal info on the 77R portal, then next time your given a chance to review/update your 77R info without having to re-type all the stuff.

I'm not sure if that's how it works or not, but I get sick of filling out all that paperwork.

That's what MSP says, all you'll have to do is sign in with your password. Everything will be secure and safe ... rrrriiight. "We're from the government ... we're here to help."

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    If it works as good as the rest of the states systems then look out for a cluster ---k.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    That's what MSP says, all you'll have to do is sign in with your password. Everything will be secure and safe ... rrrriiight. "We're from the government ... we're here to help."

I agree with you. I just assume the worst of current information security practices and believe doing this just won't amount to diddly in terms of making things worse. I'd rather not have to fill out that form.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of PKI solution that allows me to use a card/PIN and everything is kicked into motion without touching a paper form.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    never understood the 7 day wait...if you can "clear" me within a day, 6 more days does nothing but make me want to buy long guns rather than hand...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I'd love for an IP to chime in or comment on how this process is supposed to work.

I go to the MSP website and create an account

Fill out the 77R and save it

When purchasing at the dealer use the dealers computer to log in and fill out firearm information

Pay MSP using credit card info now on dealers computer???

Nothing against any IP's on here but now my personal information and credit card are on the dealers computer?

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Some documents on the MSP site : http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...aining/LicensingDivisionTrainingSessions.aspx

The Licensing Portal Dealer Training Outline pdf in particular seems to imply that this would be done at the dealer on their computer. The dealer would be logged in and you fill out Part 1 and the dealer fills out Part 2.

I for one would not enter my info and credit card info on a computer I do not trust. Not saying that the dealers would do anything nefarious but more that they probably aren't keeping up with security updates.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I just talked to my local FFL about this. Seems like more work, or perhaps more movement to me.

At their shop you'll have to fill out a paper 4473 then walk somewhere else to gawk at a computer screen in their shop, use a keyboard and mouse to fill out the MD paperwork.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I'd love for an IP to chime in or comment on how this process is supposed to work.

I go to the MSP website and create an account

Fill out the 77R and save it

When purchasing at the dealer use the dealers computer to log in and fill out firearm information

Pay MSP using credit card info now on dealers computer???

Nothing against any IP's on here but now my personal information and credit card are on the dealers computer?

The way it was explained to me, was that you create the account ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER (or whomever's you choose), and it's your account...a 1 time thing, like joining a forum.

You fill out the 77R online, then get a PIN number, which is then given to the FFL, by you.

THEY can then put the firearm info in, and then they are notified if you're disapproved or not...then you go pick it up/pay for it.

One trip to the FFL...and done.

The FFL will only have access to the same exact info they now have on any 77R required transaction.

Again, this is how it was explained to me...if it works, LOL, it should be pretty nice making only 1 trip to the FFL.

But, I HIGHLY DOUBT it will work as planned, anywhere near that 1/1/17 start date...so I am buying NOW, whatever I know I want in the near future...and will sit back and watch the show, now called the online 77R show...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom