• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I was THERE to testify against both of these bills, that's why I KNOW what's in them. I'm calling out you guys who clearly have no idea what's in the bill and wail on about things that many of us worked hard to ensure were EXEMPTED from these bills.

Of course I'm mad that the bills got passed, but educate yourself so you know what it actually covers and what it does not. You only look like a fool otherwise.

Get off your soap box. Many of us know exactly what has been inflicted on us.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was THERE to testify against both of these bills, that's why I KNOW what's in them. I'm calling out you guys who clearly have no idea what's in the bill and wail on about things that many of us worked hard to ensure were EXEMPTED from these bills.

Of course I'm mad that the bills got passed, but educate yourself so you know what it actually covers and what it does not. You only look like a fool otherwise.

OK, how about the Reader's Digest version, so we can see what's not so bad

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

I know you're not meaning to say that they fixed it up the way you wanted. But, that's the way it sounds. Thanks for testifying. I was there too. I would have preferred no bills.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

Easy hoss. Caution on who you call fear mongering. We all know what is down the road.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I'm super annoyed that in-laws were not included as family. That one affects me. Guess I'll buy from my husband who will buy from his dad.

I mean, we all know this whole thing is a shit sandwich, but I get what NewTwo is saying as well. We do need to be clear on what this does and doesn't do. The ridiculous things I am seeing on the book of faces about this is insane and blatantly wrong. We need to be the ones who know what it is and isn't. We also need to not take out our frustrations about this on each other. We are not the enemy.

Last edited:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I'm super annoyed that in-laws were not included as family. That one affects me. Guess I'll borrow from my husband who will borrow from his dad.

Nothing in HB4/SB208 as sent to the Governor would prevent you from borrowing from your in-laws after Oct 1. Buying, on the other hand...yeah. Not gonna be able to without a background check.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Nothing in HB4/SB208 as sent to the Governor would prevent you from borrowing from your in-laws after Oct 1. Buying, on the other hand...yeah. Not gonna be able to without a background check.

Or a C&R. It's $30 well spent. It's already saved me more than that getting the Dealer Discount from Brownells with it, and now it's a way of giving the MGA a middle finger, too.

The downside to having a C&R is the constant temptation to buy more stuff wherever I roam.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

I meant for sales. But yea, I see I wrote borrow. Oops. Freudian slip, with all the borrow talk.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So if during an epidemic, and gun shops are closed, and first responders are limiting what calls they can respond to (see Philly), and your neighbor needs to borrow shotgun to take to their shop providing essential services or goods, this Atterbeary law is keeping us safer.

Only if they don’t give you money. The senate amendments removed the loan ban. You can still loan a long gun. Your neighbor just can’t buy it from you.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Only if they don’t give you money. The senate amendments removed the loan ban. You can still loan a long gun. Your neighbor just can’t buy it from you.

His neighbor could still buy it from him, but the transaction (if post Oct 1) would need to take place elsewhere with a background check to be compliant with the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom