• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Anyone done the holster draw class? The discount may make me break down and get the annual membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last I heard, holster draw "class" was $20. It was pretty quick and usually on a one-on-one basis with some of the RSOs there. There is a brief practical on the firing line, mainly just to make sure you know what you're doing.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I went tonight with Chevellenut and my oldest son, it was jammed packed at 4pm but everything went smoothly and the range was almost empty at 6pm.

We had a great time and the service was great as usual. However the guy next to me had a Tommy gun rental and managed to hit my target a few times and my steel plate protecting the target drive. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 519

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... We had a great time and the service was great as usual. However the guy next to me had a Tommy gun rental and managed to hit my target a few times and my steel plate protecting the target drive. :rolleyes:

Not cool. Were the RSOs keeping an eye on him? Wonder at what point they would intervene to stop someone like that. Not only a potential safety hazard, but likely causing more damage than they're recouping on the rental.

On a separate note, I think they'll be getting a bump in traffic on Mondays to Wednesdays (me included) given HTC's new public/member shooting hours.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    When I rented the Tommy Gun, an employee stayed with me the whole time, one had behind my head and one hand above the gun. Worked to make sure I didn’t spray too high.

Oh, and I had a good intro before I ever even entered the range.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The last I heard, holster draw "class" was $20. It was pretty quick and usually on a one-on-one basis with some of the RSOs there. There is a brief practical on the firing line, mainly just to make sure you know what you're doing.

Thanks! TMGN said that is still how it works/costs. They even let me pay for the membership over the phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, no details as to how her arm got in front of a handgun muzzle and the trigger was pulled in the article.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They check all firearms on entry and don't allow holster draw (without membership and "class")

Taking away some of my better suppositions for unintended, self-inflicted firearms injury. The owner's quote in the FNP article made it sound accidental in that he mentioned the risks of shooting sports (as there are clear risks with scuba diving, gymnastics, driving, etc), but he could be speaking more broadly too, esp as there are always potential liabilities.

Wonder if it was a rental.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    With the video surveillance they have on all of the lanes, and they're now saying self inflicted instead of accidental, I'm thinking someone looking for an easy money lawsuit or really bad at suicide. If attempted suicide I really hope she gets the help she needs.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

the class or the member certification?

I think they have a holster draw certification for members that runs $20, and
    a separate 2 hour holster draw and reload class that costs $90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom