• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Got my AIM $299 SKS... Good News and Bad News.

I opened the box, inside was a century "good" rated rifle, but it looked beautiful... So I had thought that I scored... turns out the chrome lining in the last 3 inches of bore was chipped out. Major Suck Fest.

Called AIM, they were great, of course. Issued a shipping label to return the weapon... The other good news, they are getting another shipment, so I will get one pulled from the new shipment.

Mark

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Seems like Century could screw up a one man parade....at least AIM good with the return. I've gotten stuff from them in the past and it's always been in great shape.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

I opened the box, inside was a century "good" rated rifle, but it looked beautiful... So I had thought that I scored... turns out the chrome lining in the last 3 inches of bore was chipped out. Major Suck Fest.

Called AIM, they were great, of course. Issued a shipping label to return the weapon... The other good news, they are getting another shipment, so I will get one pulled from the new shipment.

Mark

Where did you find the grading? Was yours a handpick, and when did you order?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Seems like Century could screw up a one man parade....at least AIM good with the return. I've gotten stuff from them in the past and it's always been in great shape.

Yes, AIM was great.

Where did you find the grading? Was yours a handpick, and when did you order?

It was on the box and the tag, it was clearly from Century, I did not specify handpick, but they stated the rifles were in VG condition... an F'ed up bore is not VG condition. It was RI067-G on the tag, (G=Good from Century.)

Mark

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I read on another board that a guy got a very beat up one and sent it back and he is now waiting for his new one also, Looks like its gonna be hit and miss with these, i think ill pass on picking one up.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Mark

Mark, it looks like the Romanian you returned is up for sale again :D

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=250

Attachments

• romy.jpg
      romy.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members