• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    From the tease I like some of what I see; dovetail rear sight is neat (why not the front, but pin works and is cheaper).

.38 +p rated would have been fine with me in a short barrel.

7 rds of .327 would have BLOWN my hair back a lot more and been more "revolutionary".

In the in, the trigger I think will be key. IF they have really come up with something nice there (and beat the lawyers to death to leave it that way) then I think it may do well.

I'll agree but the 38/357 is like buying Under Armour vs Wal-mart brand. People want the norm (UA) not to mention a crap ton of people already own a 38/357 so they don't have to change up.

I will agree though a more controllable but still badass round would have been nice.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    From the tease I like some of what I see; dovetail rear sight is neat (why not the front, but pin works and is cheaper).

.38 +p rated would have been fine with me in a short barrel.

7 rds of .327 would have BLOWN my hair back a lot more and been more "revolutionary".

In the in, the trigger I think will be key. IF they have really come up with something nice there (and beat the lawyers to death to leave it that way) then I think it may do well.

It's a 10# DAO trigger. Can't see why there would be any lawyering required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    A snubbie .357 Magnum revolver will N-O-T be fun to shoot!! I'll pass!!!
    It's certainly not an enjoyable "afternoon at the range" firearm.

Last edited:

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I do love My Ruger SP101 it carries well and a good combination of Ammo with the .38 , .38+P and .357 M if they don't Drop the Threat then I would recommend a Hasty Tactical Retreat while reaching for the Speed Loader!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Actually, it looked more Ruger than anything else.

I finally got to see it. It's identical to the Ruger cylinder release.

So far besides weight I fail to see where kimber "revolutionized" anything with this revolver?

While I love the looks I can't see why this would replace the model 10 snubbie on the nightstand or a colt detective special. Visually she is a beauty though!!!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I finally got to see it. It's identical to the Ruger cylinder release.

So far besides weight I fail to see where kimber "revolutionized" anything with this revolver?

While I love the looks I can't see why this would replace the model 10 snubbie on the nightstand or a colt detective special. Visually she is a beauty though!!!
    It's cool looking but I think my SP101 looks better. I am partial to a slightly squared rugged looking barrel.
    786f1531aa99560915317d50e58873cc.jpg

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    A snubbie .357 Magnum revolver will N-O-T be fun to shoot!! I'll pass!!!
    It's certainly not an "afternoon at the range" firearm.

You may deposit your man card at any participating location :lol2:

I know how completely not enjoyable it is to shoot the S&W airweight in 357. Just Bleeeeeh.

I can't see spending that munch money on a gun whose main purpose will be "here, let's see if you can shoot this!".

If it's not enjoyable to shoot it serves no practical purpose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom