• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    On this bill, what help can you two offer?

It is Red Flag Bill vs MD Firearm owners.

Those are the contending parties in this action.

It’s the republican and Democrats in the MGA against md gun owners.

And by phone or email the mga is not speaking to at least this md gun owner.

I am 2 hrs from Annapolis and when the get off at 5 I have to drive another hour away from Annapolis to take care of things for my father who’s 100% combat disabled and has had his prostate and some intestines removed along with a giant chunk of cancer off his liver a few months ago. I will get home after 9. So coming to Annapolis isn’t an option.

So what can folks like me do? Folks like me feel like the government absolutely doesn’t give two shits about us.

And I won’t be voting for any traitors who vote yes on this legislation or any other anti gun legislation

So what can I do?

This is a serious question

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Mine was due to me catching my (now ex) girlfriend cheating and making some very insulting comments. SHE made the call to the police, not a crisis hotline.
    No psych eval for me either. More of a "we're taking your guns into safe keeping". Have a nice day- Bye.

Mine was a soon to be ex-wife. I see the HB1302 making it a bit more of a free for all with anyone claiming to be 'threatened' or 'preventing another from doing themselves harm'. To easy to be a target of an anti-2A neighbor or some one who feels slighted! From what I could read, no penalty on the informant for false or misrepresenting statements. A total dismissal of due process!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So what is our best strategy? Accept that it is going to be forced on us at some level and fight (beg?) to get the "Any other interested person" removed, or go all or nothing to try to kill the whole thing?

I need to know whether the back of my sign that says, "Interested Person Is Not Due Process" should say, "No HB1302" or "Fix HB1302" :shrug:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Still no answer from Kathy Szeliga. I've left a message and I've called 6 times today. Nada, nothing zilch. Could she be laying low?

Kathy, if you're reading this thread, call me. I just want to know why you voted for this Bill. Give me a good reason and maybe you'll persuade me.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what is our best strategy? Accept that it is going to be forced on us at some level and fight (beg?) to get the "Any other interested person" removed, or go all or nothing to try to kill the whole thing?

Hammer the Senate JPR committee and tell then to return an unfavorable report.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    We all know what these laws are about. They don't give a rat's ass about any of our 2nd amendment rights. This is a backdoor way to ban semi autos in general! They are at war with gun owners! We all know it! These traitors who are pushing this crap through need to be called out! There should be a list made and published of who sponsored and voted for this bill along with their home address! :mad54: :envy: :mad54:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And if you have already done that, repeatedly? Called your reps and senator repeatedly?

Fvcking traitors

Continue to call them until they stop answering the phone, E-mail them and see if we can overload their storage, or cause them to have to pay for increased storage since some use non-MGA e-mail to get their MGA e-mail.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    E-mail PSA: E-mails to Senators are being kicked back as undeliverable.

In-box is full. Please try again at a later date. Or contact the Senator directly.

Does this mean we're blowing up the system?

PS: I'm sick and f**king tired of doing this bullshyt every year. I think that's one of their goals too. Have us just give up. Capitulate!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Still no answer from Kathy Szeliga. I've left a message and I've called 6 times today. Nada, nothing zilch. Could she be laying low?

Kathy, if you're reading this thread, call me. I just want to know why you voted for this Bill. Give me a good reason and maybe you'll persuade me.

I have seen several texts that folks have shared with me, she is very defensive about being called out about this and especially being called anti-2A for her votes.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Continue to call them until they stop answering the phone, E-mail them and see if we can overload their storage, or cause them to have to pay for increased storage since some use non-MGA e-mail to get their MGA e-mail.

I can do that!!

If nothing else I am aggravating

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I talked to Rep. Susan Krebs for 30 minutes about this and other things after work. The Rs are between a rock and a hard place. Pure politics. Her assertion is HB1302 is 95% good. But, I pressed her on the petition to the court. She made clear that the filer has more to do than just complain. Hb888 was more politics of do something that dems can use against Hogan and the Rs.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I talked to Rep. Susan Krebs for 30 minutes about this and other things after work. The Rs are between a rock and a hard place. Pure politics. Her assertion is HB1302 is 95% good. But, I pressed her on the petition to the court. She made clear that the filer has more to do than just complain. Hb888 was more politics of do something that dems can use against Hogan and the Rs.

So all you got was an excuse why it’s ok for her to take away your right to due process. Ok

It’s more than my reps are telling me since they won’t talk to me, just take my name and whisper ok I will tell him, blah blah , but it’s still not a good enough excuse to take our rights

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Warning: Do not have anything in your mouth when reading this........you will spew......

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Kipke, Nicholaus Delegate

<Nicholaus.Kipke@house.state.md.us> wrote:

"Mack",

I am solidly pro-Second Amendment and enjoy an A+ rating from the NRA.* I have voted against all anti Second Amendments bills since I was elected.* By the way, just so you know I do not represent Severn that district 33.* You can look up who represents you by entering your address here:*mdelect.net**(I moved BTW)

There is a lot of misinformation out there about the bills we recently passed in the House of Delegates that relate to guns.* Here's a quick analysis:

*RFggdgg Dr gg

HB1302 which is referred to as the "Red Flag" law and I did vote for it.* But there are some issues with that bill that we are trying to get fixed in the senate and if not fixed I plan to vote against it on final passage.*

However, let me clarify what the bill does and does not do as it is currently written:

·*******Police cannot search your home.* That would still require a search warrant issued by a judge in the same manner as current law.

·*******The court can issue a TEMPORARY order if the preponderance of evidence shows that an individual poses an imminent and present danger of causing personal harm to others or one's self.

·*******If issued law enforcement will serve the individual with notice and at that time the individual is required to surrender firearms or be arrested.

·*******Then the court has to within 7 days have the individual face a judge to argue their case.*

·*******People who lie about your behavior would be violating the law are subject to being sued civilly.

·*******If an order expires or the court finds the order should be overturned guns are required to be immediately returned.

I can go on and on about the protections in the bill.* For years we've been arguing that laws need to focus on the person doing bad things with guns not on banning guns like the AR15.* This law will allow a process to stop deranged or mentally ill people from carrying out mass shootings because as we've learned there are often "red flags" reported but law enforcement has no ability to do anything until a crime is actually committed.* There are however details about this bill as written that we need to improve and I can elaborate about that if you'd like.* If those concerns are not addressed I am likely to vote against the bill on final passage.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Del. Nic Kipke

410-841-3421

So, we vote FOR a self admitted bad bill and try to "fix" it in the Senate. YEAH, RIGHT!!

Immediately returned???

"Protections" in the bill????

What bill is he looking at?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Mine was a soon to be ex-wife. I see the HB1302 making it a bit more of a free for all with anyone claiming to be 'threatened' or 'preventing another from doing themselves harm'. To easy to be a target of an anti-2A neighbor or some one who feels slighted! From what I could read, no penalty on the informant for false or misrepresenting statements. A total dismissal of due process!

Mine was an ill-tempered stepfather-in-law. After quitting yet another job, having my mother-in-law leave him due to his generally abusive disposition, and letting his unemployment run out he was losing his house and needed somewhere to live. I didn't have spare money to give him and I damn sure wasn't letting him move in with us and subject my children to that. He began stalking us to the point where we had to teach the kids to run and find a responsible adult if they so much as saw him, and I was getting called in at work due to the nonsense stories he was calling in to try to destroy my career. Among other things. He also began doing the same things to other family members who had also refused him a free ride. He was a crazy who basically had nothing to lose and nothing to do but stalk people. He would have used a law like this in a second on me, and I wouldn't have put it past him to intentionally use it to disarm me and find a thug buddy to come after us. He would have cared less about perjury charges.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Warning: Do not have anything in your mouth when reading this........you will spew......

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Kipke, Nicholaus Delegate

<Nicholaus.Kipke@house.state.md.us> wrote:

"Mack",

I am solidly pro-Second Amendment and enjoy an A+ rating from the NRA.* I have voted against all anti Second Amendments bills since I was elected.* By the way, just so you know I do not represent Severn that district 33.* You can look up who represents you by entering your address here:*mdelect.net**(I moved BTW)

There is a lot of misinformation out there about the bills we recently passed in the House of Delegates that relate to guns.* Here's a quick analysis:

*RFggdgg Dr gg

HB1302 which is referred to as the "Red Flag" law and I did vote for it.* But there are some issues with that bill that we are trying to get fixed in the senate and if not fixed I plan to vote against it on final passage.*

However, let me clarify what the bill does and does not do as it is currently written:

·*******Police cannot search your home.* That would still require a search warrant issued by a judge in the same manner as current law.

·*******The court can issue a TEMPORARY order if the preponderance of evidence shows that an individual poses an imminent and present danger of causing personal harm to others or one's self.

·*******If issued law enforcement will serve the individual with notice and at that time the individual is required to surrender firearms or be arrested.

·*******Then the court has to within 7 days have the individual face a judge to argue their case.*

·*******People who lie about your behavior would be violating the law are subject to being sued civilly.

·*******If an order expires or the court finds the order should be overturned guns are required to be immediately returned.

I can go on and on about the protections in the bill.* For years we've been arguing that laws need to focus on the person doing bad things with guns not on banning guns like the AR15.* This law will allow a process to stop deranged or mentally ill people from carrying out mass shootings because as we've learned there are often "red flags" reported but law enforcement has no ability to do anything until a crime is actually committed.* There are however details about this bill as written that we need to improve and I can elaborate about that if you'd like.* If those concerns are not addressed I am likely to vote against the bill on final passage.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Del. Nic Kipke

410-841-3421

So, we vote FOR a self admitted bad bill and try to "fix" it in the Senate. YEAH, RIGHT!!

Immediately returned???

"Protections" in the bill????

What bill is he looking at?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

So if someone says something they may or may not get arrested, a judge give his approval for you guns to be taken and we are to believe he won’t order a search warrant at that time and you don’t get to go before a judge for your due process for up to a week, sounds great, not

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I have seen several texts that folks have shared with me, she is very defensive about being called out about this and especially being called anti-2A for her votes.

Awww boohoo. Reap what you sow.

She votes for anti-gun bills and is surprised she's called out for it. Fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom