Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium

Attachments

• 20150221_093638.jpg
      20150221_093638.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 790

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Bushnells are excellent scopes for the money. I like my nikon prostaff. Its just a hair under 200 tho

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I am trying to narrow down a bushnell scope purchase myself. I have heard nothing but good things from bushnell lately.

One of the challenges when it comes to selecting scopes sight unseen is that very few people have access to or experience with the many brands and options available. That includes me, but as a long time Leupold guy, I can say with confidence that Bushnell's Elite Series has impressed me. I own several of these scopes and for years I never thought I'd own anything other than Leupold. The least expensive Elite Series 3x9 can be had for $240 if you shop around. It is money very well spent IMO as a balance between a desire for decent glass and staying within budget constraints. I can also say with certainty that today's scopes generally tend to be much improved over what used to be available. Having said that though, you can't shoot better than you can see. Cheap scopes are false economy. Always were and still are, so definitely a balancing act in play when it comes to glass.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    BSA Contender Class 3-12x40 at AirGunDepot for $140 {limited lifetime warranty} --- free shipping over $179 order.

I have one mounted on my Yonkers, NY, 22 Kimber Classic.

Downside: 100 yard parallax setting only.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I just picked up the Nikon BDC rimfire 150. I was impressed with the glass and what feels like a solid scope. I am waiting on rings but I am a fan so far. Not as much magnification as what's in you link though. Tad under 200 @ 179.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    # 3 vote for the BSA Sweet 22 3x9x40.

I bought two last year from SG for less than $26ea and both are mounted to Savage FV-SR's.

This setup is one of my favorite tack drivers.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I bought this scope for a .308 rifle I was putting together, and it has since made it's way onto many other guns- it is frankly incredible for the price, but a bit heavy.

I have dropped guns with this thing attached and not only was it not broken, it held zero just fine. Lockable turrets, and incredible battery life for the illuminated reticle.

These scopes are amazing, but probably overkill for a .22

This scope has found it's way onto among other things a .45-70 shorty lever action guide gun, and did not shrug.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    3x9 is the best range IMO
    Push it past 12 and cheaper scopes will just begin to look fuzzy
    I have a bsa sweet 22 in 3x9 and a few others in higher power that are sub $100
    I don't run them all the way up.
    Mout it with rings that use hex screws and blue loctite

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A bit overkill and at the top of your range but I have a new Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12x40 AO for sale. It's what I run on a couple of my 22s. The adjustable objective corrects for parallel error at typ 22 ranges. I think they adjust from 10yd to infinity.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    You'll love the rifle. Check your rail on top, mine had to be tightened and loctited before mounting a scope. Didn't realize it until the whole thing was done, had to remove it all and start over

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I have that very scope you are looking at. Mine is on a Marlin 60. I can reach out well over 100 yards with it all day long and even with my lousy eyes I can see what I am aiming at clearly. It is seems reasonably solid and has held up fine for me. Like you, I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on optics for a .22. I am sure for more $$$ you could do better, but the glass is better than I expected it to be and certainly good enough for my limited purposes. I am not doing any serious hunting in low light with it, etc.

It is a big optic in person and not exactly feather light, either. The end cap covers are metal and screw into each end with threads. The caps provide a lot of protection to the glass when they are on, but it is not a great design for the woods - you worry about dirt etc. getting into the threads when the caps are off and you have to put the caps carefully away every time and make sure you don't lose them. You also can't take them on and off very quickly. It is fine for the range, maybe not so great if you are planning to hunt much with the gun. If you expect the gun to see a lot of rough service, you might want to get something smaller, lighter and more bulletproof. If you are mainly going to be target shooting and plinking - it is just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom