• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Guy's I'm sorry, but your photos solidified, why I will never go to a public range. I'm sure you guys are responsible gun owners, but why are there shooters in front of the firing line? Numerous photos show subjects beyond the muzzle of active shooters. If me being a jerk saves one of your lives, then it was worth it. We can't afford to give the gun grabbers in Annapolis and DC any more reasons to take our freedoms.

You weren't there. You do not know us.
    Therefore your remarks carry zero insight.
    Please do NOT attend any of our range get togethers!
    :mad54:

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    The firing line should be where your muzzle is, not where a piece of concrete is. Last time I checked concrete doesn't go 3000 fps. I'm not trying to be an ass, but experience doesn't make up for safety......ever! No reason to get angry fellas, I'll leave it at that.

Molan Labe

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Joe, you missed out on a bunch of cases today, WOW.:innocent0

What you didn't know was Mimus stopped by the range after you guys left. He found some 45acp cases over by the outhouse door. They must have fallen out of Buff's pocket...:innocent0

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The firing line should be where your muzzle is, not where a piece of concrete is. Last time I checked concrete doesn't go 3000 fps. I'm not trying to be an ass, but experience doesn't make up for safety......ever! No reason to get angry fellas, I'll leave it at that.

Molan Labe

Again...you've never been there. Save your back seat RO hat for a time and place you know something about.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    By your logic a shooting range is where a gun is. I have been to ranges where the benches are staggered. Evidently, according to your thinking, only one person can shoot at these ranges at one time. Do not talk about what you do not know.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Guy's I'm sorry, but your photos solidified, why I will never go to a public range. I'm sure you guys are responsible gun owners, but why are there shooters in front of the firing line? Numerous photos show subjects beyond the muzzle of active shooters. If me being a jerk saves one of your lives, then it was worth it. We can't afford to give the gun grabbers in Annapolis and DC any more reasons to take our freedoms.

And its jerk off posts like this, that we are glad you dont come to public ranges!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

haters-gonna-hate.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

I thought the same thing. I thought people should not be ahead of others who are shooting. Then I saw rule 4.

Last edited:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    ***To The "You Were Not There" Posters!***

If you've been an active member of this forum, over the past two years you've seen MANY threads full of pictures and commentary about our Hooligan group and our shoots together out here in Western Maryland.

Not surprisingly, some forum members (who of course were not there) have expressed their concern, displeasure and even ridicule of our range safety practices. Let me set a few points VERY straight:

* Our Hooligan group is comprised of VERY experienced shooters, reloaders and collectors. We place safety FIRST - ALWAYS!
    * We are masters of our own firearms and familiar with those of our fellow shooters. And we often share our toys with each other which results in photo ops.
    * When photos are taken at our shoots, they are NOT snapshots grabbed in between benches with other active shooters behind. What you Do Not See in the pics is the 180 view behind the photographer.
    * Pics are always taken with a 360 degree awareness of the range situation.
    * Unlike some of the ranges you may visit, very often our local range is much less crowded. Our range conditions allow us to practice utmost safety while offering opportunity for us to take action pictures. That's one reason we live where we do.

This is not the first thread where "You Were Not There" posters want to be back seat RO's and chastize us. On the other hand, there are many long time forum members who occasionally join our Hooligan shoots. No doubt they can verify that the level of safety we adhere to is probably higher than you are used to!

What I'd ask of posters on the Hooligan Shoot threads is to at least limit your commentary to something you have first hand knowledge of! And, as others know, you are certainly welcome to experience a Hooligan Shoot in person.

That's enough of my rant.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If you've been an active member of this forum, over the past two years you've seen MANY threads full of pictures and commentary about our Hooligan group and our shoots together out here in Western Maryland.

Not surprisingly, some forum members (who of course were not there) have expressed their concern, displeasure and even ridicule of our range safety practices. Let me set a few points VERY straight:

* Our Hooligan group is comprised of VERY experienced shooters, reloaders and collectors. We place safety FIRST - ALWAYS!
    * We are masters of our own firearms and familiar with those of our fellow shooters. And we often share our toys with each other which results in photo ops.
    * When photos are taken at our shoots, they are NOT snapshots grabbed in between benches with other active shooters behind. What you Do Not See in the pics is the 180 view behind the photographer.
    * Pics are always taken with a 360 degree awareness of the range situation.
    * Unlike some of the ranges you may visit, very often our local range is much less crowded. Our range conditions allow us to practice utmost safety while offering opportunity for us to take action pictures. That's one reason we live where we do.

This is not the first thread where "You Were Not There" posters want to be back seat RO's and chastize us. On the other hand, there are many long time forum members who occasionally join our Hooligan shoots. No doubt they can verify that the level of safety we adhere to is probably higher than you are used to!

What I'd ask of posters on the Hooligan Shoot threads is to at least limit your commentary to something you have first hand knowledge of! And, as others know, you are certainly welcome to experience a Hooligan Shoot in person.

That's enough of my rant.

:thumbsup: Well said.

I still need to get up there one day when free time allows, and check out a little slice of heave known as the Savage River Range. Might bring the wifey with me to teach her how to shoot in the company of forum members that can ensure a safe environment (nothing against Cresap, but it is too crowded and a lot of people get hammered for violating basic safety rules) and a relaxed atmosphere where she won't feel intimidated. Again, it all is pending free time away from work. Sooner or later I'll get there and I'll bring some sweet items for you guys to check out.

Please keep posting pics from the shoots! I show them to the wifey from time to time and she asked me a few times if I have some of the things in the pics. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom